⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 9˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"richie i-" will felt his face get hot, this was bad. he was supposed to date richie as a joke. he was gonna date richie then breakup and everything would be fine again. he can play dnd with the party, they can can finally be together again.

"i'm sorry! i totally read this whole thing wrong!" richie unwrapped will from his arm and slinked to the opposite side of the bench

"no no! richie i like you too," will's brain was reasoning that he was lying, but his heart fluttered.

"really?" richie felt his cheeks burn and he felt simply overjoyed

"yeah," will felt a twinge of pain in his heart. he felt so guilty that he was totally leading richie on.

"do you want to go," richie stood up and held his hand out to the boy, "on a date?" will nodded and took his hand. their heart fluttered when richie started to lead them to a nearby ice cream stand. richie ordered and payed for both their ice creams, will felt terrible. they continued walking through the town and richie seemed so happy. every so often will would catch himself blushing or smiling, he genuinely enjoyed spending time with richie. oh no, this is bad.

"then we walked around town and richie kept telling me about mothman?" will and mike were sitting on the couch in the basement. mike was making will tell him everything that had happened on his date.

"oh my god! no way!" mike was practically falling off the couch laughing. will couldn't help but smile, it's been so long since it was just the two of them.

"he bought me ice cream," will felt his cheeks heat up as he remembered the date

"that's lame," mike muttered and will nodded. "you said he wants to take you on another?"

"yeah! friday i think," will felt a pit grow in his stomach

"you need to go! and make sure to call me after!" mike was giggling just thinking about what dumb stuff his brother will do.

"call? can't i come over?"

"sorry cant, promised dustin and lucas i'd play basket ball with them." mike shrugged. will excused himself to the bathroom and began to contemplate everything. he was doing this so mike would spend time with him, now he's hanging out with dustin and lucas without him? they were supposed to be close again and play dnd. will felt a pain in his heart that just wouldn't leave. he left the bathroom and told mike he had to go. when mike hugged him it felt like punch to the gut. will biked off towards his house and questioned, everything.

"richie tozier having a successful date?" stan scoffed but still smiled

"yup! it was great," richie sighed happily. eddie groaned

"i don't wanna hear about your date trashmouth." eddie rolled his eyes and stan covered his mouth hiding a laugh

"w-we're really happy for y-ya rich!" bill smiled. ben and mike nodded

"mike you haven't will huh?" beverly sat in the hammock. the losers were currently in their hideout.

"no, but he sounds delightful," mike smiled

"he almost thought you were my brother!" richie slapped his knee laughing