⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 28୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

will tried to call and text richie for days, weeks even but he never got a response. he began giving jane the cold shoulder and the less she tried to talk to him the more will felt more alone. richie didn't wanna leave his room, he began sleeping all day and avoiding his brother in every conceivable way. mike felt terrible trying to call will but he never answered, he tried showing up to the byers' house but jane would shoo him away.

"i can't believe i fell for it." richie was face down in his pillow while the losers hung around him.

"it's not your fault richie," mike patted richie's shoulder who sighed turning over.

"do you think, he ever liked me?" richie asked looking up at his friends, his eyes glistened and they all didn't have the heart to share their opinions. eddie looked at his heart broken friend and he knew he had to do something. he abruptly stood and excused himself, stan followed.

"where are you going?" stan finally asked after silently following eddie down the stairs. eddie jumped and faced stan.

"i'm gonna fix things between the two," eddie stated turning towards the door but stan grabbed his shoulder

"you realize how bad of an idea that is? will doesn't even deserve to look at richie again." stan spat.

"but he made richie happy." stan frowned, he knew that was true, and he also knew will loved richie.

"fine but don't make things worse," stan playfully rolled his eyes.

will sat at the bottom of the quarry and began to skip some rocks. when he heard footsteps approaching he got a bit scared but looked behind him to see eddie. will turned back to the water and watched it as eddie's reflection came up next to him, "so the losers are pissed."

"i know," will muttered

"i know you really did love him," will felt tears prick his eyes

"it doesn't matter now-" eddie interrupted

"it does will! cause richie loves you too. he can say he hates you and walk out, but that doesn't change his love for you. i should know," eddie blushed but shook it off, "you meant a lot to him will."

"he meant a lot to me."

"i know." they stood together, the silence between them was one of peace and understanding.

"so what should i do?"

"apologize, invite him to hangout, you just need to rebuild that bridge." eddie smiled at will who returned it.

"I think I can do that."

after the loser's went home richie sat in bed in an uncomfortable silence. a soft knock came from his door, "hello?" it was not characteristic of his brother and he was pleasantly surprised to see holly.

"your friend is here," she smiled and ran off. richie, very confused, approached his door and was stunned to see will.

"how much are you getting paid this time," he spat leaning on his door frame.

"richie it's not like that I promise!" will felt his heart ache, how could he hurt someone so kind? their eyes darted around richie's face, his hair was a mess, his eyes were red and his glasses were missing.

"what do you have to say for yourself huh?" richie gave will a glare and will froze.

"i just wanted to say, i'm sorry. i'm so sorry i hurt you and i want to tell you that, i loved you richie. i love you," will quickly corrected himself. richie cocked an eyebrow unamused, "i do i really do, why do you think i've been calling you nonstop?"

"so you and all your stupid friends can get a few last quicks outta me and my feelings and i will not stand for it! why don't you go and laugh about me to my idiot brother i am not interested." richie slammed his door causing mrs.wheeler to call upstairs. when no response came she went up only to have a weeping will push past her and run out of the house. after closing and re-locking the door she hurried upstairs, "richie?" she knocked on the door. when he didn't answer she continued to knock and soon became impatient, "richard you open this door right now." she heard shuffling and a sniffling richie answered the door, "oh dear, what happened honey?" she asked pushing her son's hair out of his face who couldn't answer and only hugged her.