⋆ ˚ 。⋆୨୧˚ chapter 29˚ ୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

mike banged on his drum set until he couldn't discern his music, what he was playing, or his thoughts from each other. he was so entrapped in his own bubble that it took nancy tugging off his headphones to snap him into reality, "what?!" mike angrily responded and nancy simply pointed towards the door as mike finally heard his mother calling him.

"micheal! get down here!" she shouted and with a roll of his eyes he took his headphones back and walked downstairs.

"what?" he asked clearly annoyed but he froze when he saw a red eyed richie sitting next to his angry mother at the dining table

"do you have any idea how disrespectful that is to your brother? do you know how much you hurt him? and for what micheal? for a joke? i want you to apologie this instant." their mother finally took a breath after lecturing mike who now felt so much more guilty than before.

"rich, i'm so sorry." he didn't mean to sound so sarcastic.

"micheal! you apologize right this instance." his mother demanded.

"i'm sorry okay?!" mike was getting frustrated, he didn't want to look at himself or this whole issue anymore. before karen could demand a better apology richie budded in.

"why?"

"what?" mike looked at his brother thoroughly confused.

"why did you do that dumb prank?" richie spat out feeling anger flush through him.

"it was funny." mike shrugged.

"no, why did you do it." now richie was demanded answers.

"i already told you and i apologized just leave me alone," mike pushed away from the table to stand but richie followed.

"boys," karen tried to retain peace but it was too late.

"why did you do it?!" richie yelled at mike who glared at his brother.

"cause i knew you would fall for it like an idiot!" mike taunted in mocking voice but richie wouldn't take it.

"no tell me the real reason right now!"

"cause i liked will okay!?" mike threw his hands in the air and richie stood stunned, "he wanted to be friends with so i came up with every rumor in the books to get him uninterested but nothing worked. i knew if he pretended to date you and the broke your heart you guys would never talk to each other again. i promised him dnd and it was flawless but he ended up actually liking you, which i don't even know how thats possible but-" before mike could finish richie ran out the door.

"mike you're grounded." karen stated and mike began to argue back as richie sped off on his bicycle. the second richie heard will actually loved him he knew he royally fucked up. when he reached the byers' house he discarded his bike and knocked on the door as if he was being stabbed actively, "mike i told you go- oh hi?" jane answered surprised and a bit shocked to see a disheveled richie.

"is will home?" he asked insanely panicked. jane simply nodded and let richie in. he found his way to will's room and softly knocked on the door.

"go away!" he heard will's muffled plea and it broke his heart

"will its me," richie leaned his forehead on the door hoping will would open it. he heard shuffling and stepped back as the door began to creep open.

"richie?" will's voice was soft and low, his eyes were red and watery. richie's hands trembled as they found their way to his cheeks.

"hi," he muttered as will collapsed into his arms.

"hi." will sighed in relief as he fully leaned into richie.