⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 18˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"i ruined it!"

"i'm sure it's fine."

"it's not! he's gonna hate me forever!" richie fell onto his bed his phone bouncing to the side.

"richie, you need to chill." eddie rolled his eyes

"what if he breaks up with me?" richie elongated the e as he slid down his bed and laid on the floor. eddie called out to richie and either he hadn't heard or simply didn't want to. eddie sighed.

"how long has it been?"

"3 days." richie's voice was muffled

"want me to come over?" no response

"i'll bring snacks."

"come over right now!" eddie hung up shaking his head but smiling the tiniest bit.

when eddie arrived he expected to be met by richie, at the very least mike, but ms.wheeler answered the door, "hi eddie! come in, richie's in his room." eddie nodded and thanked her. as he went upstairs he heard mike blasting music and banging on his drumset. eddie knocked on richies door, nothing. he kept knocking and began calling for rich. to his dismay, mike opened his door, "why are you shouting?"
"richie isn't answering his door," eddie meekly pointed to richie's room. mike sighed and pushed past eddie.

"richie!" mike banged on his brothers door. A very tired and disheveled richie answered.

"what-! oh! eddie!" he pulled eddie into his room and closed his door. eddie took in the mess that richie's room had become. he placed the snacks on richie's desk, or what space was left of it, and sat down on the bed with rich.

"how do you feel rich?"

"i don't really know, i was gonna call will but now i don't know," richie shrugged and opened a bag of chocolate covered pretzels.

"hm, maybe you should call him," eddie suggested shooing away a dirty shirt off the bed

"what if he doesn't answer? what if that makes it worse?" richie stuffs more pretzels in his mouth. eddie sighs.

"i think you need to clean you're room," richie huffed

"you're just saying that cause you hate the mess." eddie shook his head

"i'm saying that cause you're my friend and this isn't healthy." eddie clasped his hand over riches and the two starred into each other's eyes. at first eddie didn't do much but he began to lean in. richie shuffled back laughing a bit.

"alright- bud, let's get cleaning!" eddie felt himself dim a bit but seeing richie grab a bag and start shoving clothes in it made him feel a bit better.