⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 21˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"they're playing dnd together?!" mike practically screamed slamming his hands on the coffee table in his basement.

"that throws our whole bribe out the table," max muttered. mike shook his head as he began to pace the room.

"this can't be happening! dnd was our thing!" lucas coughed

"i think you mean 'our' thing," he stressed gesturing at the whole party. mike waved him off dismissing him.

"sure but my point still stands." mike collapsed on a bean bag sinking further into it.

"it's going to be okay mike," el tried to reason offering a hand to mike, he turned away from it.

"what do we do?" mike asked finally facing the party, but they didn't know.

"so how do i play?"

"well grab your character sheet and take these dice," will handed richie some blue and red dnd dice.

"do i roll now," will laughed slightly

"the game hasn't even started," richie smiled still confused

"oh, so how do we start?"

"let me just," richie sat patiently as will shuffled around some stuff behind his dm board, "alright, you walk into a dimly it cabin. it looks abandoned but you were told secret treasure lied somewhere shrouded in time," richie watched as will passionately set the scene and he couldn't help but smile as will seemed so truly in his element.

"can i search the cabin?"

"mhm! the rooms available are the living room, you're in it now, the kitchen, the bathroom, and a bedroom."

"is there an attic?" will grinned and nodded, "i check the attic!"

"you climb the latter and see a strange plant bathed in the moonlight pouring in form a crack in the roof. you study the plant and inch closer."

"i'm gonna call him."

"mike don't, if he's with that trashmouth the remnants of this plan will fall flat!" max reasoned snatching mike's phone.

"well i'm not gonna just stand here!" before the party could continue their argument mike's mom called down the stairs.

"mike someone's here for you!" mike beamed

"it has to be will!" he dashed upstairs leaving the rest of the party. mike's smile dropped when he saw eddie kaspbrak, "what do you want?" mike groaned

"why is will dating richie?"

"huh?" mike was thoroughly confused

"ew, you and richie have the same confused face."

"just clarify please!" mike was now very annoyed.

"your friend would never even look at ours, how did will end with richie?" mike sighed.

"i can't say," he muttered

"it's a joke isn't?" mike began to panic

"no, honest it's not! i mean-"

"look, i see the way you look at will and I can sense we both want this whole thing to end. just finish the dumb prank," eddie rolled his eyes.

"it's not that simple," mike tried to explain but eddie wasn't having it.

"fine then. i'm ending this." mike tried to stop him but eddie was already down his driveway and he couldn't bother.