⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 17˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

richie sat in his room with the losers, they were watching a movie. richie insisted on waiting for will, but eddie wanted to start the movie, so they did. richie knew will was in the basement with his brother and all his dumb friends and couldn't help but feel bad about it. richie excused himself and went downstairs, he got some water and was startled when will came through the front door, "where were you?" richie laughed, will smiled.

"i just had to step outside," richie hugged will

"i would have to step outside too if i was my friends with my brother," will laughed, "wanna go watch a movie?"
"what about-"

"forget mike, come with me," richie smiled softly and will felt a pull towards him.

"hm, okay!" the two went upstairs and the losers were happy to see will. the group continued the movie, richie was less than stoked they ha chosen a horror movie, will on the other hand was mortified. he was shivering and trembling, richie took notice and put an arm around them. will felt his cheeks burn, he looked up at richie and began to admire his features. they seemed so much more beautiful in person, that photo did not do him justice.

once the movie was over a few losers bid their goodbyes and soon only will stayed. richie and will began to talk and for once neither felt judged as they gushed about the things they loved. will opened up about dnd, leaving out the prank part, and explained how the party never plays, "i never got the chance to teach max or el!" will explained.

"i'm sorry will," richie frowned, he hated seeing will upset

"i just wish someone would play with me."

"i could play with you!" will perked up

"you will?" richie nodded, seeing will happy filled him with unexplainable joy.

"i can make a champagne for us both and we could totally play!" will was practically bouncing out of his seat. richie chuckled slightly.

"i can't wait to learn," richie put his hand over will's which made the two make eye contact. will felt his face heat up and richie felt like his heart was going to burst. richie leaned in, will hesitated but feeling richie so close to him made him feel so happy. before richie's lips could even brush against will's, will turned his head.

"i- i have to go." will quickly stood and richie followed

"will i'm so sorry!"

"no, you didn't do anything i just," he paused, richie was close to looking distraught, "need to go." richie took his hand and smiled, will flashed one then left.