⋆ ˚ 。⋆୨୧˚ chapter 30˚ ୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

the summer air mixed with the approaching autumn breeze causing richie to shiver. he tapped the handle of his bike and was surprised when a hand met his shoulder, "i told you to wait," his brother nudged past laughing a bit and richie smiled.

"sorry bro, you're just really slow." richie shrugged and before mike could say anything back they noticed a familiar boy up ahead, "byers!" richie exclaimed almost ditching his bike just to hug his boyfriend.

"hi richie," will giggled hugging him back. mike caught up looking a bit annoyed

"richie please stop ditching me, you're the one who wanted me to come along" mike rolled his eyes standing next to his brother

"sorry mike," richie slightly mocked before the trio began to bike to school.

now, the losers and the party were not friends, but they've learned to at least tolerate each other's company. some of the groups had mingled, dustin, ben and bill have joined the school's dnd club with will. richie, bev, and max have began to see eye to eye in several things like mike being kinda obnoxious. richie held on to will's hand as mike and stan argued about some random science topic as the group walked to maths, "i haven't heard this side to mike in forever," will smiled watching his best friend finally be himself after so long.

"lucky, he's like this everyday at dinner," richie rolled his eyes causing the pair to laugh amongst themselves.

after class mike stopped will, "hey will, do you wanna hangout after school? we can watch a movie or something," mike shrugged.

"that could be cool yeah," will shot his friend a smile before richie took his arm and led him away to their history class. mike sighed, he was relieved will was happy and seeing his brother smile was also a bit of a relief. lucas came up behind him and patted mike's shoulder.

"what?" he laughed lightly.

"you good with that?" lucas asked pointing to the couple with a slight smile.

"yeah, i think i am." mike shrugged smiling and lucas smiled too

"it's nice to have you back dude." lucas patted his shoulder again before catching up with max up ahead. mike turned into another hallway and found himself next to eddie who was walking to their english class.

"hi," mike awkwardly tried to spark a conversation.

"oh hey," eddie seemed a bit melancholy and mike knew why, he could feel it too.

"i never noticed you were in my english class," and eddie chuckled

"you never noticed me period," he smiled slightly finally meeting mike's eyes. mike froze a bit and felt something prick at the back of his neck.

"yeah sorry about that," his eyes darted away but came back when eddie giggled.

"so you actually love me?"

"richie," will whined

"what? i'm never letting you live this down," richie snorted and the two laughed quietly as their teacher continued to lecture.

"i do love you," will's smile lingered as he took richie's hand.

"good, cause i love you," richie squeezed his hand.