⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 8˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"hey will!" he beamed and was surprised when will hugged him. despite this he embraced the boy too

"what are you doing here?" he asked tilting his head slightly

"mike said you'd be here," he shrugged ignoring how sweaty he felt, "wanna get out of here?" he scratched the back of his neck. he winced knowing the answer, but was surprised when the boy replied with an enthusiastic

"yes!" richie held out his arm and will took it giggling. neither of them could hide the goofy smile playing at their lips. Richie turned back to stan and waved goodbye.

"how long does a date take?" mike asked pacing around his room. dustin and lucas had came over to play video games but mike had locked them in his room so he could rant about will. lucas and dustin would constantly share glances whenever mike would explain he wasn't that interested.

"mike, you're acting obsessed," lucas commented scrolling on his phone

"yeah dude, you sound crazy!" dustin exclaimed

"you guys are not helping." mike huffed, "i just worry about him ya know?"

"yeah, we know." lucas and dustin chuckled.

"i just want him to be safe." mike mumbled, "I'm just glad this is all gonna be over once will dumps his ass." lucas gave dustin a look and he understood

"mike, what makes you think this'll work?"

"i know my brother, he's been 'in love' with will since forever, if will breaks up with him he'll never bother us again!" mike explained looking very proud. dustin shrugged

"it just seems kinda, douche-y." lucas nodded

"you guys just don't get it," mike huffed. the other boys gave each other a look because one thing was clear, this was going to be very messy.

"so, will how are you?" richie extended an arm around will and scolded himself for being so awkward.

"i'm alright," he giggled, his cheeks were burning red.

"that's good," richie hesitantly pulled will closer. the two boys sat down on a nearby bench and richie's legs began to bounce. he was extremely nervous. what if mike was right and will was joking? what if will didn't actually like him? he began to freak out and was about to pull his arm back from around will when the other leaned into him. richie felt his face burn bright as the other rested their head on his chest.

"will i want to ask you something," will hummed in acknowledgment, "do you," richie trailed off. something in him didn't want to speak.

"what is it richie?" will's voice was soft and it made richie's heart flutter.

"i have liked ou since the 4th grade, and i was wondering," his voice trailed off and will felt his cheeks heat up and become red. 'would you want to go out?"