⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 23˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"he kissed him?!" mike was furious. he was pacing his room deep in his own head unable to hear the party trying to calm him down.

"i feel like everytime will does the plan you get mad." dustin rolled his eyes and mike snapped

"the plan was to date him then break up! not kiss and be all couple-y!" mike stated like it was so obvious. dustin gave lucas a look and they both knew where things were going.

"it's okay, we can fix this," max interjected

"don't encourage him," lucas groaned, she dismissed him

"tell will to end it. he'll listen to you!"

"are you sure?" mike had a glimmer of hope. max nodded and before she could continue a familiar annoying voice began to fill the basement. mike rolled his eyes but the sweet voice of will byer's cut through causing him to stop in his tracks.

"oh hey mike," richie waved slightly at the party who either nodded back or stayed still. will's eyes flickered around them and for the first time he felt a bit uncomfortable to be near the party. mike suddenly got an idea.

"oh will! we were just talking about lucas's birthday party!" mike announced and looked back at the party basically pleading they play along. (A/N: lucas doesn't have a cannon birthday so I'm putting it in the summer-)

"isn't that like next month?" will looked around very confused seeing the party nod

"yes but we came to a decision. since you're dating my brother, he should invite the losers!" mike put his hands up to get any sort of positive reaction but everyone was silent.

"um, what?" max asked

"c'mon guys we already agreed." mike murmured through gritted teeth.

"right! yeah, we wanna make peace," max added now standing by mike.

"okay, well what do you think rich?" will turned to richie and he could feel mike starring at him

"as long as they promise not to be complete ass-"

"okay yeah!" will cut richie off, "he rich could you get me water?" richie nodded and kissed will's cheek before running back up. will watched richie leave and whipped around once the door closed, "what are you doing!?" will demaned whispering

"i'm speeding up the process!" mike answered, before will could respond richie came back down.

"ready to go up to my room?" will looked over then back at mike.

"yeah, let's go," will took richie's hand and they disappeared upstairs.

"i'm gonna murder my brother."

"they want us, to go to mike's friend's birthday?" richie nodded. the losers had gone to the quarry to swim but eddie and stan opted not to.

"that's nice, i guess," ben looked at the losers waiting for them to also voice their answers

"i would feel bad turing down the offer," mike stated and bill nodded.

"I a-agree," he nodded

"as long as you guys go, i'll go." bev answered while floating on her back.

"you goin eddie?" stan asked nudjing him.

"hm?" eddie hummed still staring at richie, "he's not talking to me," eddie mumbled. stan frowned, he wanted to say the obvious. you kissed him while he was sad about his boyfriend not speaking to him. Something in him stopped that from coming out though.