⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 26˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

the three biked to the mall in uncomfortable silence. richie would try cracking a joke or two but mike would shut it down, "so what do you wanna get lucas?" mike asks will as they lock up their bikes.

"um, i'm not sure."

"yeah that's why we came to the mall, duh," richie butted in pulling will close by putting his arm around his shoulder. will laughed a bit as richie and him walked in. mike scowled and stared daggers into his brother's back. he followed in and the three began windowing shopping at various stores.

"what does your friend like?" richie asked as the trio walked past another 3 stores.

"he's gotten into basketball recently," mike answered scrolling on his phone.

"i was more asking will," richie rolled his eyes arm still around will.

"oh sorry, but lucas is my friend too." mike glared but richie ignored him. will cleared his throat then spoke up for the first time in a bit.

"we could get him some shoes or maybe some dnd dice?" will shrugged sinking into themselves a bit.

"let's go see the dice first, i need to buy a pair remember," richie winked at will who nodded and smiled.

"trashmouth plays dnd?" mike scoffed glancing up from his phone.

"yeah cause who else is gonna play with will." richie smirked then took will's hand and the pair walked off. mike felt like someone had just punched him in the gut, gritting his teeth he followed behind the couple but when he saw them standing by the dice and laughing something in him snapped. for the rest of the trip mike glared at the two and every time richie would make will laugh and turn to look at his brother with a grin, mike struggled not to leap over the table and strangle him.

mike left empty handed but will had purchased a pair of orange and yellow dice with black numbers and richie had gotten a t-shirt will said lucas' would like. after dropping off will the brothers rode home is complete silence, this wasn't unusual but richie could tell mike was mad. When they got home mike realized just how hard he was holding onto his bike when he saw the red marks on his palms, "you good?" richie asked noticing too.

"i'm fine." mike pushed past him and unlocked the door. the pair walked in and greeted their mother before returning to their room. when mike's door closed, he hates to admit it, but he broke down. quietly mike sobbed on his bedroom floor as he came to the realization that he loved will. he couldn't take it, seeing his brother be with him was painful. he needed it to end and he knew just what he had to do.

mike barely left his room that week and as much as he enraged richie, he was worried about his brother. when he would knock on the door mike would push him away saying he was busy or tired. richie contemplated telling will cause maybe just maybe will could do something, but a voice in richie's head told him not too.