Chapter 19

Although we were now winning, the fight was still going on. Two girls suddenly teleported on both sides of me. I immediately noticed that they were twins, they seemed to also have the same oddity, teleportation.

"You're witches, why are you helping them?" I asked

"Because we don't belong to any coven, we don't follow any rules. We dont worship the witch council, we do what we want. Much like you Altiair." One of the girls said. She was short, fair skinned, and had a very monotone voice, as if she was bored. Her long black hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

Her sister looked exactly the same except her hair was brown and she seemed more upbeat.

"So stop helping them! I don't wanna have to fight you" I pleaded, they both laughed in unison and then switched places using teleportation. It was kind of freaky. I was pleading because I didn't want to hurt my own kind, they didn't seem to care though.

"We know all about you Altiair, we admire you even...unfortunately we're gonna have to kill you though!" Without hesitation they both tried to zap me with electricity. They did it without a spell so I knew they had to have another oddity, Electrokinesis. Luckily I ducked and rolled, it narrowly missed me.

Once again they tried to hit me with an electrical current, one high and the other one low. I managed to dodge the high one but the low one hit me so I fell back.

"Are you compelled?" At this point, I was trying to find any reason not to kill them.

"No, we're just working with the vampires. Why is that so hard to understand?"

I knew they wouldn't stop until they killed me so I had to do it. I had to fight back, even though I didn't want to hurt my own kind.

"manet adhuc!" I shouted which made them both unable to move. It was a spell that stops all movement in the body. They both looked at me in shock, probably because I was able to use it on both of them at once.

I started walking closer to them and looked at them both nervously.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, sisters" I said hesitantly "incensa" the spell I chanted set them both on fire. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath because it was honestly hard to do. Killing vampires was easy but killing my own just felt wrong.

Ezekiel gave me an intense glare so I quickly started running towards him. I began swinging at him angrily but he was blocking all of my punches.

"I hate you!" I starter punching faster but he was still able to predict them. Suddenly he grabbed me and threw me far away from everyone else. As I hit the ground, I began rolling and flipping which was a testament to how hard he tossed me. It felt like I was being hit with brick after brick. The pain was almost unbearable.

"Ah!" I screamed while holding my ribs which were in excruciating pain. I could feel blood running from my face and I even noticed some on my hands as well. Everyone else was still fighting around me. They were too occupied to help.

I looked up and saw him slowly walking towards me so I quickly tried to chant the spell that would rip his heart out. Before I could get it out he left my sight and quickly grabbed me from behind and bit down on my neck. I let out an agonizing scream. This was my first time being bit, it felt like he bit me extra hard because I could hear what sounded like him snarling in my ear.