Chapter 15

As I stood there in shock, still unable to form a sentence, the only reasonable explanation I could create in my mind was that he was turned to spite me. Yeah, that had to be it.

"Surprise" Ezekiel said with a sinister smile. There was blood dripping from his mouth and his eyes turned a deep red color, like the color of blood. His fangs were sharp and long which made me gasp. The color of his eyes blended so well with his deep brown skin.

"Ezekiel you were just-" He cut me off before I could finish "Feeding? Yeah thats what vampires tend to do, Altiair" I could hear everyone else in the room gasp. I could still barely speak, the silence was eating away at me slowly.

I mean none of this made sense to me, at this point I was starting a to wonder if he had just been turned into a vampire or if he'd already been one. He seemed so comfortable and at home.

"When did you become a vampire? H-How is this possible" As my expression grew more and more confused, his grew happier. That basically gave me my answer but I still wanted to hear it, I guess I was in denial.

"Well I've been a vampire for over 100 years now" The evil and chilling smile on his face let me know that it was him. He was the old vampire that wanted me dead.

I paused for a moment, my confusion turned into anger and my sadness turned into regret.

"Its you... its always been you" I said angrily "You were the bad feeling I got in the store right before we met, You bumped into me on purpose, you were the reason Calluna almost died on that ferris wheel!"

"Guilty as charged! Some of my best work really" he bragged. I began balling my fist's up, the cockiness was angering me more and more.

It was like Ezekiel transformed into a completely different person within seconds and I barely even recognized him. The person who bumped into me and  asked for my number, who was consistently trying to get me to open up, the person I told about Finn and who I thought understood me was actually trying to kill me.

This all made me overwhelmed with emotion because despite the short amount of time we've known each other, I was actually starting to care about him. He was able to break down the emotional wall I've had up for quite some time, we even bonded about losing the love of our lives, and then he betrayed me. Deep down I guess I had a feeling something wasn't right but maybe I was just to blind to see it.

"Even April, you killed that April girl at the carnival didn't you?" As I put the pieces together, everything began to make sense. The tears were rushing down my face as I stood there in disbelief.

"To be fair that was not apart of the plan, she just talked a little to much. Telling you everything you weren't supposed to know, she almost blew my cover so I had to kill her" He was so nonchalant in saying that, almost like it didn't even faze him at all.

"Your a monster!" My face was covered in tears at this point and still, he didn't care. That's when it hit me that everything was a lie. I know I had already realized he lied and played me, but seeing the lack of emotion on his face let me know that there wasn't even a piece of him that cared for me.

He chuckled and said "But I mean come on Altiair we had some good times too... I mean despite Calluna almost falling to her death, the carnival was super fun" he said arrogantly "See that was where I knew I had you in the palm of my hands."

"Oh really? How so?"

"That was when you gave me the correct number, that was the first time you truly enjoyed talking to a guy since that Finn boy died" My eyebrows raised high when he said Finn's name.

"How do you know his name? I never told you his name!" I snapped at him

"Kane told me everything before you even opened up to me...speaking of Kane, where is he?" Ezekiel asked angrily "See we made a little deal and he was supposed to kill one of your friends over there and make it look like an accident but he never held up his end, so now I'm going to kill him"

Exiledजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें