Chapter 21

"Calluna are you crazy? If you would've went outside you would've burned to death" Avian said worryingly "You're a vampire now so you need someone, well in this case yourself, to do the flare spell so that you can walk in the sunlight."

"I read somewhere that Non-Hybrids have to find a witch willing to do the spell which is usually impossible because witches hate vampires... but in your case your also a witch so you wont have that problem" Enya explained

"I just said that..." Avian was seemingly annoyed by that

"Yeah, but you don't exist to us anymore so I didn't hear it" Enya replied sarcastically, I could tell she was trying to get under his skin and it seemed to be working.

"Im sorry, I was just so mad. I couldn't control it!" Calluna said awkwardly, she was clearly embarrassed.

"I know, when your a vampire and especially a new one its really hard to control your emotions" As Avian was talking, I began filling up with anger again thinking of his betrayal. Using magic I forced Avian over to me and immediately began choking him and at the same time using Thermovariance.

"Altiair stop!" Calluna cried out trying to get my hands off his neck, I wouldn't budge though. She surprisingly didn't use her vamp strength but that's probably because she didn't know how to yet.

"I told you to leave or I'd kill you, so now im gonna naked good on that promise" I said calmly but intensely, he looked at me emotionally.

"Let me- please let me explain" Avian barley managed to get those words out but I still didn't let go. I was too upset to care about anything he was saying.

"If he didn't stay, I would have burned to death running outside!" Calluna said still trying to convince me to let him go. I started choking him even harder.

"If we never met him you wouldn't be a vampire right now!" I shouted back. She was crying at this point.

"Please! Altiair if you care about me at all you'll let him go!" Using magic I sent her flying at the wall nearby. I knew her guilt tripping me would work so I had to get her away.

Avian suddenly went flying out of my hands and I looked over to see that Raven had done it. I looked at her in confusion, why would she stop me?

"No, let him explain! If you kill him like we did Chase then Calluna will be in the same position I was" Raven said sternly "She'd be hating you because you killed someone she loved. We are better than that, we've learned from that!" I was surprised that Raven was the one to stop me being that Calluna killed her boyfriend after finding out about his betrayal. I guess it just goes to show how caring and understanding Raven truly is under all that anger and angst.

For some strange reason, Calluna saying I was no different than Kane kept ringing in my head and was honestly starting to make me feel bad. I was just trying to protect her from Avian because I didn't trust him anymore but, maybe she trusts him for a reason.

Maybe she sees the good him as I do his father. That makes us the same and also makes me a hypocrite. I decided to not attack Avian again and listen to what he had to say.

"Fine I'll hear you out Avian" I said somberly. I could hear Avian heave a sigh of relief "Why did you do it? Why did you come here and pretend you were some weak witch to gain our sympathy and then lie to us for this long?" He looked down embarrassingly.

"I thought I had no choice, I was only doing what my dad told me to" He admitted "I didn't know you guys would be so caring, so kind, and everything he never was to me" From the look on his face, I could see it was hard for him to admit that. I looked down because I was starting to feel bad. At the same time I was conflicted on if I was just too forgiving.