Chapter 3

"You sensed our what?" I said awkwardly, trying to convince him that he was making this up, for obvious reasons.

"Your magic... I know that you all are witches" Avian replied "you guys didn't make it very difficult to confirm by the way" he replied bluntly, my face immediately turned up, I was almost offended.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Calluna added clearly offended

"That you don't do a good job at hiding it, anyone paying close attention to you could find out" he said matter-of-factly.

"He said we're clocky y'all" Rauz said jokingly

"Alright come in" I said quickly so nobody else could hear what we were talking about

"So you're a witch too?" I asked as he stepped inside the house

"Yes I am, not a very good one but I am a witch" he replied honestly

"How were you able to sense our magic then?"

"Well, every time I would walk past your house I just had this feeling... like I just knew. Then I started paying closer attention, trying to find something to confirm it."

"Ah, so you were stalking us... got it" Rauz said in an irritated tone.

"So... what do you want?" Raven snapped and I nudged her because of the rudeness.

"I- I don't have anywhere else to go and I just thought since you guys were like me, the only people I know of that are like me, maybe I could-" He seemed really sad and choked up by Ravens attitude "Well I heard this place was open to people like us, who ran away or were Exiled and-" Raven rolled her eyes at him which made Avian stop talking.

"Back off Raven" Calluna added

"Whatever, I'm going to my room... call me if you need me" Raven replied before walking away

"Why don't you have anywhere to go?" I asked him seriously "were you kicked out?"

"More like ran away" He admitted sadly.

I could tell it was getting personal for him because his facial expression seemed to be getting less and less enthusiastic.

"Why?" Enya added

"Because I couldn't live up to my fathers expectations of who he wanted me to be, or who he would force me to be" he said somberly

"And whats that?" Rauz asked

"My dad is human, and because I'm only half witch he wants me to get rid of my powers because he doesn't approve but, I don't want to" he replied

"Calluna is he telling the truth" I asked her

She already knew that meant I needed her to use her oddity called 'True Intention'.

True Intention...is just that, she can sense someones true intentions or motives. She can also tell if someone is lying about something. Of course there are ways someone could get around it so its not always accurate but it is most of the time. She also hasn't mastered it fully, so sometimes it becomes overwhelming for her.