Chapter 6

It was now dark outside and Calluna, Enya, Rauz, Raven, Avian, and myself we're all in the car and on our way to The Orphic Academy. We had just left and were driving on a dark and empty road and it was pretty quiet in the car.

Kane was in his car ahead of us.

"So thats the big and bad Kane huh?" Rauz said breaking the silence. I couldn't help but chuckle because he seemed underwhelmed.

"Yep, thats him" I replied clearly annoyed

"He's definitely arrogant, but he is not as intimidating as you described him"

"Well he was alot more intimidating when I was a young, weak and scared witch" I admitted

"I second that" Calluna added putting her hand up.

"So about this spell... I don't think you should do it, I mean it could kill you" Enya said "and what are we supposed to do if you die?"

"Live your lives and be happy I was able to save us all... well except for myself" I replied "and if the spell fails and I still die... you'll have to be vampire hunters basically" I continued jokingly

"You know its not that easy Alt, I mean you took us in and basically saved our asses when nobody else cared about us" I could see the concern all over her face

I knew the dangers of the spell, and I knew it would crush them if I died trying to do it but I also didn't like the idea of being hunted by a creature of the night, so I was very conflicted.

"Listen, lets think positive right now okay?" I snapped "but if I don't make it, bury me in a rhinestoned kimono please" I laughed.

"Very funny" Calluna said sarcastically before nudging me

"Hilarious" Rauz added rolling his eyes

Avian was being very quiet the whole car ride and wasn't really saying much

"You ok Avian?" I asked

"Yeah I'm fine" he assured me "Listen, I know we just met and all but I don't think you should do it either"

"Okay, Lets just st-" Suddenly I noticed a woman standing in the middle of the road so I came to a stop so that I didn't hit her. Kane also stopped his car to see what was going on.

She was tall and had long black hair and looked really tired. I waited for a moment to see if she'd move but the woman continued standing there in silence while staring at us angrily so I got out the car.

"Excuse me, why the hell are you standing in the middle of the road?" I snapped, she just gave me a dazed and confused look.

I could tell from her body language she was about to attack so I got ready.

"Im...so....hungry" she cried out

"I got a burger over here if you want it sis" Rauz yelled out from the car window jokingly but she just stared at us almost as if she was only focused on one thing

"No, im hungry for blood" she snapped before running over to me but at some kind of super speed and the quickest I'd ever seen anyone move.

Next thing I knew she had her hands around my neck and had me in the air. Her hands were gripped So tightly around my neck I could barely breathe. Her eyes turned a deep red and she looked pretty scary, I was in complete shock and in too much pain to even do anything, it was at this moment I knew that I had encountered my first vampire.

She opened her mouth and I saw her fangs pop out but before she could bite me Kane weakened her with his powers which made her let go of me and fall to her knees.