Chapter 23

"Enya!" I cried out as she laid there bleeding out and barely alive.

"Im trying to heal her but its not working!" Raven said in a panic. Ezekiel had already tried to give her his blood she was too far along to be healed all the way. Raven was using spells to try to finish but it wasn't working.

"Enya im sorry, this is all my fault" I said as tears ran down my face "I should've never got any of you involved in this"

"Alt... you didn't get us into anything, we chose to get involved because we're family" She replied in a weak breathy voice "remember when you and Calluna found me on that roof?"

"Of course" I smiled

"I wanted to die because I felt like I had nothing to live for, but now Im dying because I had everything to fight for" Tears were rushing from her face as well as mine "You taught me to fight Altiair, you told me that things get greater later and they did... remember that when I'm gone"

"No! You're not going to die, you can't die!" I shook my head in disbelief. After all she's been through, this cant be how she goes.

"Just promise- promise me you'll remember that" she grabbed my hand with what little strength she had and held it tightly, I looked down at her shaking.

"I promise"

"I love you guys-" she let out before I noticed her grip on my hand weakened and her eyes slowly closed. Eventually her body was limp, she wasn't breathing any longer.

"No!" Calluna cried out, her scream was almost haunting.

"I tried to save her, I thought she was safe" Avian cried

"I know Avian... I Know" I stood up and hugged him tightly and everyone else joined in, except Ezekiel and Juru who stood there awkwardly with upset looks on there faces.

Afterwards, Ezekiel walked over to hug me, which was surprising. My eyes lit up in shock but I hugged him back. It was a comforting hug.

"I didn't know her but I know you cared about her and believe it or not I know the pain of losing someone you care about" Ezekiel said and Juru nodded in agreement . Juru seemed more upset than sad.

"I'm sorry, I should've fought better. I should've ripped the hearts out of all of them the minute they got here!" I think he used anger to take his mind off of being sad about what happened. For the sake of not being too vulnerable.

As we stood there my sadness shifted into anger and more than ever before I knew what had to be done.

"When I find Kane, he will suffer. He's done too much, he's taken too much away from me!" I said angrily "and I'm going after him alone" Everyone looked at me shocked.

"What? Absolutely not!" Raven snapped

"I have to, nobody else is going to get hurt because of me!" I replied sternly

"Altiair I-" Ezekiel tried to speak but I cut him off.

"Its final! Somebody do a spell to stop Enya's body from decomposing and then take her to the Wick mansion after" everyone looked at me in confusion "it may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, it may not even be this year but, Enya will NOT die because of this... I wont allow it"

"I don't think thats a good idea, you know there are consequences for bringing the dead back with non-black magic" Raven said worryingly

"I'll take whatever consequence comes from it then" My tone was determined, I couldn't let Enya die like this.

"Alt-" Avian began to say but I quickly walked past everyone and left the house. I knew if I stayed longer that they'd end up convincing me to not go alone, but after all Kane has done to me, it wouldn't feel right unless I killed him. This was personal.