Chapter 4

"This is impossible" Avian complained while standing in the library. A few days had went by and today was the day of the Carnival.

"Mastering your powers will continue to feel impossible if you are not focused" I replied "Now focus in closely on the book and make sure you really want it to come to you, if you don't convince yourself it will not work" He let out an exhausted sigh.

"Okay, here goes nothing" he began focusing on the spell-book and was squinting his eyes. The book flew over onto the table in front of him and his eyes grew wide.

"I did it!" He smiled and was jumping up and down like an overjoyed schoolgirl. I nudged him and gave him a very proud smile.

"See, I told you it wasn't that hard" Calluna added

"Great, now we can start" I said quickly, trying to brush over the fact that it was only the warmup.

"Wait we didn't already start?" He looked around confusingly.

"No, that wasn't even close to the beginning love" Calluna added, I could tell that Calluna's smile made him really nervous

"Wonderful, Im ready to die now" he joked before putting his head down.

"You'll be fine Avian, just believe in yourself" Calluna assured him. They both exchanged flirty smiles at each other, which I noticed but decided to ignore.

"Now open the book and tell me where you want to start" I said sternly

"Hmm, maybe we should start with learning how to do more things without spells" he suggested

"Okay well, this is actually pretty easy to master! The first step is what you just did, focusing and believing what you are trying to do"I began explaining "It can be tricky and dangerous if your emotions are all over the place, like lets say your upset with someone and your thinking bad thoughts, you could potentially hurt them if you don't have full control over your powers."

"How though"

"Well lets say your thinking of how bad you want to hurt them and then you lose control, you could really do it and do something you'd regret, especially if they're human and cant counter it. That's why spells exist, they help keep the intentions of our magic in check. When you go solely off of emotion you could do the wrong thing." I was explaining it to him when suddenly my phone rang.

"Rauz, can you finish this lesson for me, you were really good at this" I asked before rushing out the room.

"Gotcha" he replied happily

I walked out the room and answered the phone.

"Hello" I said

All I could hear was heavy breathing but the person wasn't talking.

"Stop playing on my phone whoever this is" I snapped before ending the call

"Who was that?" Enya asked

"I have no clue, it was a blocked number and the person wasn't saying anything... just breathing heavy" I replied nervously.

"Well that sounds obnoxious" She was twirling her long blonde hair around with her finger.

"Tell me about it" I rolled my eyes.

"Im so excited for this carnival today, we haven't all been out together like this in forever"

"I know, and we have someone new tagging along"