Prologue

"Finn I don't think we should be in here, what if we get caught?" I said staring into his bright blue eyes. He gave me a nonchalant look as always.

"We'll be fine Altiair, we did a cloaking spell so we were invisible coming in, nobody should have saw us come in here" Finn replied staring back into mine. We reversed the spell so we could see each other once we were in the clear of course.

"I guess your right... I just worry about what would happen if we were caught by our superiors" He just smiled at me for a moment and I knew exactly what that meant, he thought I was overreacting.

"Shh! You worry to much, dont be afraid of what could happen...just live" Finn said before leaning in to kiss me

Although we weren't supposed to be kissing, knowing the dangers made it all more exhilarating. With us both being men we knew our superiors would never approve of it but, we didn't care because we were in love and true love has no fear.

As we continued kissing it grew even more passionate and we began taking off our clothes when suddenly, the door opened.

"What is this?" One of the superiors, Kane shouted in complete shock. Kane was the head superior of The Orphic Academy. He was tall, intimidating, and mingy, especially to Finn and I. His mid-length dirty blonde hair bristled above his shoulders as he spoke.

"Mr. Wardwell we-" I uttered but was at a loss for words. He just gave me a menacing glare, something straight out of a horror movie.

I couldn't believe we got caught, and I didn't understand how either. I was so sure we covered our tracks.

"Get up and get out now! And report to my office" he shouted viciously.

Finn and I rushed out and went straight to his office hoping we wouldn't be punished. As we entered the building to get to his office the other superiors from the council we're scowling us as if they already knew and still, I walked proudly with my head up because i wasn't ashamed. It actually felt good that I didn't have to hide who I really was.

We walked into his office, closed the door, and sat down waiting for him to come and talk to us. We were on the edge of our seats, quaking with fear. I couldn't stop thinking about what our punishment would be. Things were bad but something was telling things were about to get even worse.

His office is the biggest in the building, he had paintings hung up everywhere and a large red desk.

"I told you I had a bad feeling about today Finn... we are witches, you should've listened to me" I snapped, he looked away clearly ashamed.

"I know... I just don't understand how we got caught though" he replied somberly.

"Because you two ran off and skipped class, once again I might add, so we used a locator spell to find you out of suspicion. It seems you should pay more attention in class because an invisibility spell means nothing if you don't block anyone from being able to find you." Kane said as he walked into the room.

"Sir, we're sorry it will never happen again" Finn promised, I looked at him in embarrassment because as scared as I was, I couldn't promise Kane that.

"I know it wont, ill make sure of that" Kane replied before taking a sip of his tea. His arrogance annoyed me and it almost pained me to hide that.