Chapter 16

After hearing the news that Finn could be saved Rauz, Calluna, Avian and myself began heading back to the academy while Enya and Raven stayed back home to keep an eye out on things.

As we sat in the car, I was more quiet than usual as Rauz drove. I guess I just had so much on my mind it was hard to focus.

"You okay?" Calluna asked me, I looked over to her and immediately teared up. Usuallt when someone ask's that, you're already on the verge of tears and that question brought it out.

"No, there's so much going on and im overwhelmed. I mean I was betrayed by someone I cared about and I thought cared about me. Then I find out good news, that Finn could be brought back possibly. Like how am I supposed to feel? Happy or sad?" I responded honestly

"It's okay to feel both, we have multiple different emotions for a reason" Avian assured me and he was honestly right.

"Yeah, Ezekiel is disgusting and what he did to you is unforgivable. He is a vampire though, of course he has no humanity" Calluna added

"No we can't say that anymore, Zarya was different! She showed us that not all vampires are evil, its just Ezekiel." I replied, she nodded in agreement.

Suddenly we heard a thud on top of the car so we pulled over and came to a stop.

"What the hell was that!" I snapped before getting out of the car. As I got out I was immediately snatched up by someone. There was another girl on top of the car as well.

"Alt!" Calluna, Rauz and Avian got out as well and to rush towards whoever grabbed me.

"stricta dormire" I heard the girl chant, I immediately recognized that it was a sleeping spell. The three of them fell and went to sleep. I turned around to see him, it was Ezekiel standing there with that same grin on his face.

"What do you want! I should kill you for what you did!" I shouted.

"But you don't want to, you care about me" He said in a flirty voice as he walked closer to me. We were now face to face. I was breathing heavily and was surprisingly comfortable. The sexual tension between us was thick.

"I hate you" I said softly and in a low tone.

"No you dont, be honest with yourself Altiair" He smiled, I tried to look away but he grabbed my face and began moving in closer to me. At this point we were as close to kissing as a we could have been.

"Stop" I demanded, he leaned in more and kissed me on the cheek instead of the lips. He was still toying with me and it almost worked again.

I pushed him away from me in a rage, I was so upset we almost kissed and more upset that I wanted it.

"Anyways, I'm here to strike a deal with you" He said happily. I looked at him in confusion, he has nerve, I have to give him that if anything.

"A deal? Are you crazy?" I snapped

"You know I thought about it, why kill someone so powerful when she can be so useful to us" I noticed he referred to me as she, which most people call me anyways but weren't technically my only pronouns as I'm very fluid. Is that how he saw me?

"Ezekiel why would I work with you? You're a monster and you betrayed me!" I said bluntly.

"I don't want to work with you per say, my proposal is this...you let my vampire line come back to St. Helena unharmed, we destroy the spell so nobody can ever do it again, and we can forget any of this ever happened. I mean Kane went rogue, I have no reason to want to kill you otherwise since you have no interest in doing the spell." I began filling up with anger. Was he insane?