Chapter 8

"We never did the spell, he made sure of that" my mom assured me.

I was hurt but not surprised, after what Kane did to Finn and tried to do to me, I knew he was capable of anything. I was just lost on how he has been able to stay in power so long.

"I swear he's dead as soon as I get out of here!" I shouted

"Don't confront him just yet, you need to figure out what he's up to first... you have to be smart then reckless" My dad advised me.

"You just told me he's the reason you guys are dead and you expect me not to take him out the second I see him?"

"I know you want to but not yet, Kane is sneaky and conniving and always has a plan... so do not kill him until you figure out what that is" my dad said sternly

"Exactly, you need to pretend you don't know that he killed us until the time is right" my mom said agreeing

"Fine" I assured them

As much as I wanted Kane dead for this, I knew they were right. I had to know what and if he was planning something first.

"Are you still at the academy?" My mom asked me

"No, I left two years ago because he found out I was gay, so he attempted to strip my powers " I replied somberly

"Well that obviously didn't work, so what happened?"

"He ended up stripping my boyfriend's powers, he unfortunately he didn't make it through the process." I looked away awkwardly. It was something I never truly healed from. That day plays in my mind often.

"He received his powers among dying didn't he?" My dad asked

"Yes" I was tearing up, both of my parents looked upset seeing me like this.

"So it was Finn, Jades son?"

"Yes, she went along with it without any remorse. It was almost like she was on autopilot."

"I'm sorry to hear that, you didn't deserve that. I don't understand how Jade allowed that, she loved Finn so much" I nodded and then looked at them both with tears filling my eyes.

"You know... I've always wondered how you guys would've taken it if I was able to come out to you" I said nervously

"We would have loved you the same" My dad replied with a big smile on his face. My mom nodded in agreement.

"I mean you showed up here looking completely different then when we last saw you and we didn't even think twice about it" my mom added

It made me happy to hear that because not knowing the answer to that has been eating away at me for years.

"But good news, I left The Orphic Academy, moved to St Helena and found witches who were outcasted like myself and I took them in and taught them everything I know... they're my family and the only ones I have right now. That's why there's so much at stake, I can't lose them." I explained

"Im proud of you, it takes strength to leave and do everything on your own, and you're stronger for it. The person you've become is remarkable, so brave and caring... not to mention powerful" He added and my mom nodded, that made me happy.

"How is Michael?" My mom asked

"Her name is Calluna now... she transitioned and she's doing great"

"Wow, thats amazing! Send her my love"

My dad looked at me intensely and said "Have you ever thought about it? You know, transitioning" I was almost too stunned to reply. The question was shocking but really cool that he asked.