Chapter 13

"Alright so I came up with a spell to stop us from being compelled" Enya said flipping her long blonde hair.

"Great, because we only have like 11 hours now to go see this witch and find out where Jay has Ezekiel"

I was calm in saying that even though inside I was freaking out. Although me and Ezekiel haven't known each other for that long, I would feel horrible if something happened to him because of me. Plus in the short amount of time that we have hung out, I've grown to like him and he's the first guy I've even let near me since Finn died so thats gotta mean something.

"Okay so everyone repeat after me, mea est anima mea"

We all repeated it a few times and then stood there awkwardly in silence.

"Did it work?" Avian asked

"Not sure... only one way to find out" Enya replied "Zarya try to compel one of us!"

"Okay" she replied happily

Zarya walked over to Rauz and looked him directly in the eye. "I want you to slap yourself in the face as hard as you can" She demanded in a very convincing tone.

"Okay what are we, five years old?" Enya snapped while rolling her eyes.

Rauz put his hand up like he was about to hit himself but you can tell he was also trying to stop it.

"I don't think it worked" Raven said nervously

"Nah the spell totally worked, I just wanted to see you guy's reaction" Rauz said before laughing uncontrollably "I'm like the next Viola Davis"

"Your so annoying" Calluna joked and we all laughed.

"Okay, it worked! So lets go and find us a witch" I said excitedly

After leaving the house Zarya decided to drive because she knew where the witch was. It was mostly a pretty silent car ride because we all just wanted to hurry up and get there.

"Im happy you guy's decided to trust me a little, I know that was hard for you" Zarya said graciously

"I wouldn't say trust, more like using you for information, leech" Enya snapped, she really didn't like this girl.

"Okay what is you're damage? I mean I get it, I'm a vampire so you hate me but this feels personal!" Zarya replied angrily. She was driving so she wasnt looking directly at Enya.

"Maybe it is personal, maybe I just don't like you"

"But the fact that you can't say why is very telling! I did nothing to you yet. You dont trust me but at least let me prove myself before you make up your mind about me." Zarya seemed hurt by how Enya was treating her, it was interesting to see that vampires had feelings too.

"She has a point." Raven added, as this conversation was happening we were turning into a driveway.

"Okay we are here" Zarya said as she stopped the car. The building was very big and old looking. It looked super creepy, like something out of a scary movie and im almost sure it was abandoned, I got chills just staring at it.

"Alright Zarya you wait in the car because we don't want Jay to have any idea that you helped us in case he's here"

"Smart idea" she replied