Chapter 20

"She wouldn't do that! I don't believe you" Enya shouted. In this moment, I was still in such a state of shock, I couldn't react the way I wanted.

"I promise I'm not lying!" Avian tried convincing us but I couldn't even think straight because I was so angry. I began breathing heavily and clenching my jaw, I knew I was about to lose it.

"Avian leave right now or I swear to god I'll kill you" I said but in reality I don't think I could, I knew that Calluna loved him and that was enough for me to spare his life. I just needed him out of my sight so I wasn't tempted to.

Avian used his super speed and rushed out the house quickly.

"Do you really think it was Calluna's idea to turn?" Raven asked me as we looked over her still body. Seeing her lay there so helplessly, turning into the very thing we've been trying to kill was difficult to understand. We were all so confused and caught off guard by all of this.

"I don't know, but if she did, I don't understand why she would do that" I replied anxiously

"How long until she wakes up?" Enya added

"Im not sure"

"We probably should've asked him that before kicking him out" She kind of had a point but I was too overwhelmed to even think of that.

As I looked at her lying there I felt a sense of guilt, like this was all my fault. If I would've just kept them out of this that somehow she wouldn't be in this position.

"You care about Ezekiel... thats why you couldn't kill him" Raven said truthfully as I looked down in embarrassment.

"I guess so, I thought I could do it but when it came time to I failed" I replied "Theres something about him that I'm drawn to, something that tells me he's a better person than he comes across.

"He clearly feels the same way, he could've killed us multiple times and didn't. Even at that carnival he hesitated and I'm sure he knew we could easily take his guys that came out" Enya added and I nodded in agreement.

"So what now? He's not the big bad villain we thought he was? He may actually have a heart and clearly doesn't want you dead anymore" Enya said

"It's to good to be true though, there has to be something else bad thats going to happen, I can feel it. Even if it's not Ezekiel, there is a villain in all this" Raven stressed

"Well he's still evil in someway so I dont know whats next but I know one thing, I will never trust Avian again" I snapped. I was hurt by what Avian did the most. It was like he took advantage of my kindness and my love for helping people and used it to trick me. I really thought of him as family, and that means more to me than liking some guy.

We heard a loud a gasp and immediately looked down to see Calluna sitting up in shock.

"Calluna!" I shouted as she looked around frantically, she seemed to be a little in shock.

She suddenly stood up breathing heavily with a confused expression on her face. She was looking around as if she was seeing things with new eyes.

"Are you okay? What's the matter" Raven asked

"It worked, I'm a vampire... I-I can feel it" she said clearly in shock "Everything around me is so heightened, I feel like I can hear everything. The lights are so vibrant, everything is so clear and I'm so hungry" she continued looking around.

Raven took a sharp object out of her pocket and cut her arm with it before holding it out near Callunas mouth. We were all in shock, even Calluna.

Callunas eyes suddenly turned a deep red and her fangs popped out as soon as she smelled the blood.