Ravens story

When it came to magic I never really thought I was that powerful. I watched my brother and others in my coven thrive because their powers were alot stronger than mine at the time, not to mention they already had oddities and I was the only one without one.

My twin brother Jeremiah was the only one who ever had my back no matter what.

"Jeremy, you are special in so many other ways you don't need an oddity to stand out" he would always tell me. Obviously Jeremy was my boy name before I transitioned, Raven was the name I chose because shes my favorite DC character. I also seem to have a very similar personality to her so people would call me Raven all the time.

Anyways Jeremiah always believed in me, and he always believed that one day id finally have an oddity and luckily, I ended up with two, well so far at least. Heres to more hopefully.

I always knew I was different, I never felt like a boy and inside I knew I wasn't despite being born one. Jeremiah also knew it and thats why he would always say I was special.

As I got older everything became more clear, I researched and found out what my feelings meant and in doing that, I found out what it meant to be transgender and I knew I identified with that.

My parents never really told me they loved me growing up which probably caused my anger issues and my undying hate for them. I was basically ignored unless I was in trouble for playing with my cousins dolls and makeup. It was more or so my mom because my dad seemed a little more understanding at times but they both still sheltered me.

Jeremiah got all the attention because his powers were strong and he was "normal" according to them but that never made me resent him because of how much he supported me and honestly, he supported me enough for both of my parents.

My brother died after getting hit by a car when I was 16. That was the day I changed for the better but also for the worst.

I remember on the day of his funeral my mother saying "Now your the man of the house, besides your dad obviously" I decided then, to tell her my truth, that I was trans, and that I wanted her to just love me even if she couldn't accept it. She told me she'd always have love for me but she would never accept that. She also told me that she had to bury two sons that day because I was dead to her.

Once my mom told the coven, they all turned their backs on me. I mean what kind of mother gossips about her child to get everyone against them? Ithink that turned on a switch in my head because that was when my anger and rage began. As hurt as I was, I no longer cared about my parents or the coven. I left and never turned back.

I met Altiair Wick at probably the worst time in my life. I had just lost my brother and was exiled from my coven.

I was homeless and had nowhere to go, so I was just alone in Manhattan. All I had was myself and my anger, which was a recipe for disaster.

I remember walking down the street one night and someone yelling the word "Tranny" at me as I walked past him. I ignored it and kept walking until he threw something at me. I turned around and threw him at the building nearby with my powers.

I was angry and so filled with hate, all I could think of was the pleasure I would have in seeing him dead, specifically by knife.

That was the day I received my first oddity  'Thought Projection' which means I'm able to conjure my thoughts and what I imagine into reality.

Isn't it funny I received my first oddity through my rage?

Anyways, because I imagined him stabbed by a knife in my head, it actually happened.

Luckily Altiair was in manhattan at that time and saw the whole thing or I'd be considered a murderer right now. I think he was tracking high levels of magic in the area and found me. He stepped in, healed the guy with magic and made him forget it happened.

He saw the anger and hate that I had and knew if he didn't help me control it I could hurt someone again. So after telling him my story he offered to take me back to St Helena where at the time, he had already found Rauz and Enya, and obviously Calluna had already been there. He said he would help me master my powers, and I'd be with people who actually understood me. I agreed and I've been with them since then.

After getting settled in there I met a guy named Chase who I eventually fell in love with. He was sweet, loving, and kind to me in ways I never imagined. Granted He turned out to be a witch hunter and tried to kill Altiair but still.

Calluna killed him before he could do anything. I still feel that in the time we spent together, I changed his mind about witches and got through to him.

Although being a witch hunter was his destiny I think that he would have stopped for me but ill never know now.

I hated Calluna for so long after that but I now realize she did what she felt was right to protect Altiair. I just wish there was another way, a way I could know if he actually loved me.

Overall, meeting Altiair is probably the best thing that could've happened to me. He has taught so much about being a witch, controlling my powers but most of all he's shown me the love I never got from my parents, which is why he's my family. I trust him with my life the way I did my twin brother.

"Raven Weir, you're not angry you're just bored" he always says to me when im starting to get overwhelmingly angry and honestly, its probably true, I'm always bored.