Chapter 2

It was the next morning and as soon as I woke up i looked out the window to see the sun shining again. It didn't seem to be that hot outside though.

After getting dressed for the day, I quickly ran downstairs to find everyone in the kitchen.

"He had the nerve to lie and say it was his money that I picked up off the floor. Little did he know my oddity tells me if you're lying or not!" Calluna explained to Rauz and Enya.

She was talking about one of her abilities, the power that is unique to her in which we witches call an 'Oddity'. Some witches only have one oddity, but others have more than one in addition to their normal witch abilities.

Your normal witch abilities like spell casting, tracking things and people, heightened physical strength and durability. If you become strong enough though, you stop needing spells to do difficult things like starting fires and redirecting attack spells. Of course you can only start fires and not fully control them, thats more for the people who use dark magic or have Pyrokinesis as an oddity, like Enya for example.

Some of us are born with our oddities but some show up along the way as you grow . I happen to have two, Thermovariance and Illusions. With Thermovariance, I can make blood temperature increase to a boiling point, or may lower the boiling point of the blood itself, usually they pass out. People can die from it as well but I've never had to do that.

My Illusion oddity is pretty self explanatory, I can make people see things, it basically manipulates the brain to see whatever I want them too. I try not use it because I think it's kind of evil.

"What are you guy's talking about?" I asked while butting in there conversation.

"Nothing just mortals doing stupid mortal things" Rauz replied jokingly. I laughed and walked over to grab a piece of toast.

"Good morning family, and Calluna" Raven said as she walked in the kitchen. She was clearly poking at Calluna which I found childish. Calluna just rolled her eyes and ignored it.

"Raven really?" I snapped, she just smiled at me and didn't reply. "Anyways, I found a new spell book with some really advanced stuff in it so the witch I bought it from should be bringing that by here today." I told everyone.

"Finally! It gets boring practicing the same old stuff" Rauz admitted

"You could really be like a teacher or principal one day, because who gets excited for new studying material?" Enya joked

"Yuck, I'd never! I'm too cool to be anyone's principal"

"Who lied and told you that you were cool?" I asked him jokingly, he nudged me and laughed it off as well. He was pretty used to it because we all kind of show our love by insulting each other.

"Anyways where are you off to? You look like you're about to leave"

"Yeah I'm just going for a walk to clear my head or whatever" I told him before quickly leaving and making my way outside.

It was beginning to get warmer outside but the wind was blowing so you could barely tell. I love the wind so it didn't bother me. For some reason it brought me peace.

I guess I've been thinking alot about when I would return to The Orphic Academy. I promised Luxx I would and I meant it. It's just that I couldn't help thinking about if I failed. I mean I was able to go toe to toe with him at only seventeen. I'm ten times stronger now but so he could be too.

I've always been afraid of failure and I guess that's what's got me conflicted.

As I continued walking I came to an abrupt stop because of something, no someone I saw.