Chapter 8 - Of Course They're Joking! Wait...

Reader POV

As far as you were concerned, not much had happened in the first few months of school. Sure, Harry was hearing voices that no one else could, and a few people got petrified, but you couldn't do much about any of that.

Okay, well, you did help the trio (what you started calling Hermione, Ron, and Harry's little group) have a smooth talk with Myrtle since she kind of liked you, and you did help plan out your friends little Polyjuice potion scheme, but it's not like you went announcing that everywhere you went.

The only thing that you found both interesting and relatively normal was the dueling club, but you only went once since you found out that Lockhart was the one teaching it.

Other minor things did happen of course, like when George and Fred introduced you to their sister Ginny, or when Hermione turned into a cat over Christmas (you only knew this because Myrtle told you).

Well, one way or another, classes were going normally, and no one was acting too strange (aside from avoiding Harry all together), but the last thing you expected to happen happened on April 1st.

For once, the twins didn't even pull a minor prank on you.

Instead, they were saying things like "So L/n, are you going to hang out with us today?" and "Well, you have no choice Y/n, since you have to do whatever we say today!"

You just ignored the gingers for as long as you could. That is, until they snuck up on you during dinner and one carried you to Godric knows where (your bunkmates just smirked at you before acting like you weren't just kidnapped).

"PUT ME DOWN UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR NOSE TO LOOK LIKE DUMBLEDORE'S!"

"No can do, love. It's our birthday, so we get to do whatever we want,"

"George, lying won't get you out of this!" you shouted, even if some part of you was amused.

Wait, no! You shouldn't be happy that your friend had just picked you up like a sack of rice! Stupid brain, making you all confused.

"Sorry L/n, but Georgie's right," Fred laughed. "You're the one not getting out of this."

You huffed at the twin's stupid prank. Sure, it was April Fools, but that didn't mean that the boys could just make up a birthday to get away with stupid things. You told them as much when George put you down in the Hogwarts courtyard, but he just smiled down at you.

"You don't have to believe us, but it really is our birthday, ask Hermione," the younger twin smirked.

You shook your head. "Um, no. You would have told me last year if your birthday was on April Fools, but you didn't. Therefore, I don't believe you."

"You should," a voice from behind you whispered.

You swung your hand at them in a knife-hand strike. (Basically, you press your fingers together and swing at the person's neck. Search it up.) The person behind you easily blocked your attack.

"Y/n, how many times have I told you to not try and kill me?" your best friend asked.

"Well clearly not enough 'Mione, since this keeps on happening," you answered. Hermione rolled her eyes at you.

Then, she explained what she was doing in the courtyard instead of being at dinner.

The twins had told her to meet them here for their birthday before going to get you, and the only reason she agreed to it was because she had already finished eating.

Sure, that explained enough, but one question was left unanswered.

"Wait, so you're telling me that you knew that George and Fred's birthday was today and didn't think to tell me? And you two aren't safe either! Not only did you not tell me it was your birthday, but you also picked me up like a dead body!"

"So, in other words, you're mad at, right?" Fred teased giving his brother a look.

"Yes! Well, no- well, KIDNAPPING IS NOT OKAY! And I don't even have a present for either of you! Ugh! Stupid Y/n."

You mentally kicked yourself for ending your ramble with not having presents for them, but it did feel like a valid point.

"Love," George started, "we we're expecting any presents from you. In fact, your face when I picked you up was enough to count as five years' worth of presents."

"I'm keeping that in mind, Weasley!"

"Well, what Georgie here is trying to say is that the only thing we want is to hang out with you. Well, that and have you not rat us out for one month, got it?"

"One week," you said. "I don't trust you two to be responsible enough for an entire month."

"Fine, does two weeks sound okay?" George probed.

"No."

"Three weeks," Fred countered.

"Fine! Two weeks it is."

"We knew you'd come to your senses!" George laughed. "Now who wants cake that Fred stole from the kitchen?"

"FRED!"

A/n

I don't have much to say here, except that I actually made this meme myself. If for some reason you like it, feel free to use it if you can figure out how.