Chapter 9 - In Which a Friend Isn't Dead

Hermione POV

May 8th

Oh no.

Oh no, oh no, oh no.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize it, but better late than never.

I have to warn people, I can't let anyone get killed.

"Y/N! Over here!" Oh, thank god, I found her.

"'Mione, it's not like you to yell in the halls. What's wrong?"

I quickly explained everything I found out and gave her a hand mirror.

"Check behind every corner." My friend nodded before grabbing my hand.

"Let's go to the library, find a book or something to help."

We ran all the way there, checking every corner before continuing on.

One more turn and we would make it.

As we approached, we say a girl about to turn.

"WAIT!" Y/n shouted.

The girl stopped and turned around.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked.

I quickly explained the situation to the girl, Penelope Clearwater, and she handed me a torn book page and a quill (out of midair, I might add).

In case something happens, this way we can leave a clue, she explained.

Holding my breath, I wrote a single word, for the less time wasted the better.

Pipes

I put the mirror around the corner, Penelope and Y/n looking over my shoulder.

Fred POV

My day was rather uneventful until Professor McGonagall's voice boomed through the walls.

"All students are to return to their House dormitories at once. All teachers return to the staff room. Immediately, please."

Obviously, I thought of ignoring the cat lady and find out what was happening, but when I told George he shook his head.

"Mate, I wanna find out what's happened too, but if McGonagall's worried than we should be too."

As much as I didn't want to admit it, my brother had a point.

"Alright, fine. But as soon as we can we're going to figure this out, okay?" If I was to admit defeat, I would at least get something out of it.

George sighed a quick Fine! Before we headed off to the common room

The only thing off was that four certain people were missing.

Harry.

Ron.

Ginny.

And Hermione.

A/N

OOOooOOoO

A cliffhanger!

Y'all, I'm sorry for this, but I couldn't resist.

And knowing me, I might not update tomorrow because I lost track of time. (That's right, If I post a chapter, that means I probably wrote it the same day... Help.)

Anyway, I hope everyone here is enjoying the story so far!

Also, shout-out to crazymary82665, who didn't ask for a shout-out but deserves one.

Dude (I obviously mean dude in the most gender-neutral way possible), your comments always make my day <3