Chapter 15 - Someone Tell Me What Just Happened

Warning! There are signs of a mini panic attack, but nothing too graphic, If this makes you feel uncomfortable, or may be triggering, please skip to the Reader POV!

Also, I got a little lazy since it's like, 6 o'clock before a school night

T-T

June 6th

Hermione POV

"Y/n, please. I don't think that I'll be able to-"
"Hermione Jean Granger I already said yes! Sure, I don't really know what happened, but the fact that Buckbeak is being executed is complete bull-"

My friend cut herself off just as a group of first years walked by. I sighed, telling her that I'd explain the entire situation on the way.

By the time we got to Hagrid's hut, Y/n was caught up on most of what had happened.

Malfoy getting "attacked" by Buckbeak, the work that I put in to help, and all the details of the execution that I could manage to get out.

Then, when we reached the top of the hill, we heard it.

"They- they. I-" my head started spinning, and my legs gave out. I can't believe they did it. I can't believe-

"Hermione, listen to me. Breathe in - one, two three, four, - breathe out - one, two, three, four, five, six. Good, good." Y/n's voice brought me out of my panic.

But that didn't change that Buckbeak was gone.

Reader POV

You held on to Hermione's hand, trying to get her to match your breathing.

Then, once she finally calmed down enough to stand by herself, Scabbers had to run away, and Ron just had to be dragged under the Whomping Willow by a mysterious black dog that Crookshanks was apparently friends with.

A lot happened after that, but you were only half paying attention.

The things you did catch were that:

1) Sirius Black was not evil

2) Professor Lupin was a werewolf

3) Harry has an invisibility cloak and magic map

4) No one tells you anything

And

5) You were right, no one should ever trust a rat.

Then Snape got knocked out (honestly, he deserved it), and Professor Lupin turned into a werewolf.

After that, the world went dark.

Later

You woke up on a hospital bed, with Hermione sitting on a chair beside you, reading a book.
"Okay, someone tell me what happened," you huffed.

Your friend shook her head but was smiling all the same.

"Long story short, you were right. Never trust a rat."