Chapter 10 - And At Some Point, Harry Killed the Chicken-Toad-Snake

George POV

We've only been cooped up in the Common Room for 30 minutes, but everyone was already on edge.

I was in the middle of looking for my younger siblings and friends when Professor McGonagall walked in.

"Students, the Hogwarts Express will be here first thing tomorrow morning, and everyone is to be on it."

WHAT?!

Clearly, I wasn't the only one thinking this, for a few kids started asking what had happened and all that.

The Professor sighed. "I am aware that this all seems very sudden, but I assure you there is good reason. There has been another series of attacks.

"Hermione Granger, Penelope Clearwater, and Y/n L/n have been found paralyzed near the library."

No!

"Furthermore, Ginny Weasley has been taken by the monster responsible for said attacks."

NO!

"We have sent a Professor to deal with the situation, and will send reinforcements, if necessary, but I'm afraid there isn't much else we can do."

I looked to my twin, who looked exactly how I felt. Terrified.

A few low murmurs when among the students, things such as "If Hermione is paralyzed, the Heir can't have been Potter, can it?", "Oh, poor Ginny!", and the most concerning one, "Does that mean Quidditch is cancelled?!"

I glared at Wood. My friends, my sister might be dead by tomorrow, and all he could think about was Quidditch?

Lonely bastard.

That night, I didn't sleep. When ever I closed my eyes, an extreme sense of guilt flooded through me.

I could, no, should be out looking for my sister, taking care of Y/n- uh, my friends, doing something other than being helpless.

But I knew know Y/n well enough to know that she'd scold me for getting out of bed at this hour, for endangering myself "unnecessarily".

From the shuffling on the bed next to mine, I knew that Fred was also awake, probably with similar thoughts.

"You okay Freddie?" I whispered. I couldn't have Lee wake up at this hour (last time that happened, he made sure the rest of us didn't get any sleep for a week).

"I don't know Georgie. I will be when I know that they're all ok."

---Time Skip by Crying Baby Carrots/Potato Things---

Reader POV

What just happened?

One second, you were near library, warning Penelope about the chicken-toad-snake-thing, the next, it felt like you were in a dream. You could hear and see people, but it all felt rather hazy.

Now, you were lying on a cot, due to Mme Pomfrey's, uh, insistence.

The nurse was now explaining to you and all the other petrified students what had happened, but this was all old news to you. Well, besides the part where Ginny was kidnapped and Harry killed a Medusa rip-off, but that wasn't the point.

Finally, after everyone was double and triple checked, you were allowed to go to the great hall. s

You ran in holding your best friend's hand while she was yelling at Harry in approval for once.

"You solved it! You solved it! You do have a brain!"

Susan, Ernie, and Megan ran over to you while Justin was continuously apologizing to Harry.

"Oh my God, we're so glad your safe! We were worried sick you know!" Susan scolded, but you knew that that was her way of saying she cared.

Eventually, you made your way to the Gryffindor table where you were embraced by a certain George Weasley.

He held you as though you had just died, and he was afraid of losing you again, but soon realised it and let go (much to your disappointment).

"Well L/n, I guess it's clear that someone missed you," Fred teased from his seat.

You rolled your eyes while George whispered something into his brother's ear.

Well, that shut him up quickly.

"Soooo, what did ya tell Fred?" you asked, noticing how the boy in question's face had turned red as his hair.

"Oh, nothing. Just saying that I wasn't the only one missing someone."

A/N

Once again, I couldn't find a meme for this, so I made one.