Chapter 18 - Ginny's Master Plan

---August 24th, 1994---

Reader POV

This was the best summer ever.

Sure, you and 'Mione had had some pretty fun summer breaks together, but it was always just the two of you. (And both of your parents, but they didn't really count.) Now, you got to spend a lot more time with the twins, and even got closer to Ginny and Ron. Not to mention that Harry showed up that morning, almost falling out of the fireplace.

But on the downside, your face would get hot when George teased you. Like, really hot, more than normal. Luckily, or maybe unluckily, Hermione seemed to be the only one to notice. Which, being your best friend, meant that she never lived it down. (However, you just brought up Fred and she shut up quickly.)

Tonight was no different. You were lying down in Ginny's room on a mattress with 'Mione, and whispering once you were sure the younger girl was asleep.

"Are you excited for the Quidditch game tomorrow?" you asked.

"To be quite honest, I'm indifferent to the whole thing. None of our friends are playing, and I'm not a die-heart fan of the sport. What about you, Y/n? Planning to sit beside your boyfriend?"

This girl!

"Hermione Jean Granger, I am not dating anyone!" you whisper-yelled, blood rushing to your face. "And I could say the same about you! Do you plan to sit beside Fred and, well, uhh, I don't know yet!"

You were cut off by a hand covering your mouth. Glaring at the girl beside you, you quickly grabbed her wrist and put it on her faces. "Welp, I'm going to sleep now Granger, good night."

Ginny POV, that same night

Having Hermione and Y/n share a room with me was great. Especially when I pretended to be asleep and listened to their crushes on my brothers.

It's so entertaining!

And although I don't plan on telling my brothers, it would be fun to drop hints to both them and my friends...

It's settled then! I, Ginevra Molly Weasley, am going to play matchmaker and enjoy everyone's awkwardness.

Plus, it's not like the twins didn't feel the same way.

A/N 

Is Ginny a little OOC here, maybe. I honestly don't know 0-0

But at least she isn't going on about Harry's shoelaces, so I'll take that as a win-