18

few weeks later

jahzara

"can you walk to the store wit me?" i asked makena as i came into the living room.

"it's less then 5 minutes away zara..." makena said as she scrolled on her phone.

"yeah but i want you to come wit-"

"you can walk yo self bruh damn." she snapped at me.

i rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone, "ight since you wanna be a asshole." i said and she shrugged looking back down at her phone.

i pouted some as i stood in place staring at her.

ever since she relapsed she's been acting different, she swore she hadn't taken anything else since then but i don't know.

"jahzara are you going to the store or no?" makena asked snapping me out my thoughts.

i didn't reply as i walked out her house slamming the door behind me.

i sighed as i walked down the street with my hands in my sweat short pockets, i had on a cropped top and nike white sneakers.

my phone started ringing and i answered it seeing the store coming into view,"why makena ain't answering her phone?"

mosi voice came through my phone,"she in the house. i'm walking to the corner store." i said.

"so you walking by yoself?" he asked and i nodded my head.

"stay on the phone wit me until you get back to the house." he said and i just kept walking until i made it to the store.

"aye lil ma! wit the shorts and white shoes!" i heard someone yell as i walked inside.

"ignore them niggas unless you want them on a t-shirt wit them ghetto ass angel wings and clouds." mosi said making me roll my eyes.

"alright jabulani no need to get violent." i said then he hung up making me smack my lips.

he called back 5 seconds later.

"get me some skittles and a grape fanta." mosi said as i walked to the coolers.

"nasty ass drink..." i mumbled grabbing the grape fanta then grabbed a pineapple one for makena.

i grabbed his skittles, then myself some gummy worms and a bag of hot fries for makena.

i went to the register and placed it on the counter,"you smoke?" the boy at the register asked me as he rung my stuff up.

"on occasions..." i mumbled and he slick placed two packs of gars into my bag.

"i got you." he said handing me the bag and receipt.

"preciate it." i said before walking out.

"uh oh that face card doing you justice." i heard mosi say and i laughed.

"i guess." i said opening his drink.

"you called it nasty but finna drink it." he said and i shrugged as i took a few sips.

"soda is soda." i said.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"MAKENA! open the fuckin door bruh!" mosi yelled as he twisted the doorknob back and forth.

i sighed and leaned against the wall watching the scene,"bruh gone! i'm tryna piss!"

"you've been in there 45 minutes makena! i'm not stupid dawg!" he yelled as he reached into his pocket.

"either i break this bitch down or you open it im not fuckin playing!" he yelled and it was quiet on her end.

i watched him pull his gun from his waistband then shot the doorknob and pushed the door open.

this is so ghetto...

"what the fuck!-"

"what the fuck is on yo fuckin nose!" i heard mosi yell and i actually looked into the bathroom.

white stuff under her nose,"it ain't nun-"

"makena deadass don't sit here and lie to me, i'm this close to knocking yo fuckin head off." mosi said as his nostrils flared.

"bro- you can really move." she said shoving past him.

before she could get far he grabbed her shirt and pushed her against the wall,"the fuck wrong wit you? we already been down this road...we've done therapy and fuckin rehab you said you was done wit the shit...i told you come talk to me! hell you could've talked to jahzara." he said as his eyes glossed over.

"you really over-reacting..." makena said in a monotone as she stared at mosi.

mosi slowly backed up and let out a laugh,"i'm over reacting...my nigga this yo second relapse in a month time-span ...you had been clean years before this so what is it?" he asked glaring at her.

makena shrugged walking away from him and wiping her nose, mosi didn't spare me or her a second glance before walking out the front door slamming the door behind him.

i carefully walked to makena's room and slowly opened the door, she was laying on her bed curled into a ball,"what zara?" she said barely above a whisper.

"are you okay?"

"what you think? use to logic for once." she snapped.

bitch...

"why...why you do 'em?" i asked as i sat on the edge of her bed.

"because they're there and i can take 'em...it's  fine long as i don't get addicted-"

"but you know you are tho...you have before and that shit can really cause harm in the long run makena...it's not healthy." i said shaking my head trying to think of the right words to say.

she hummed in response,"i know...it's just sometimes the habit is hard to break and sometimes i don't want to...i just crave the high at times..." she said.

"bitch you could take 3 edibles and probably get about the same effect." i mumbled scratching underneath my wig.

"you can go..." she mumbled looking over at me.

her eyes looked half closed and her face somewhat paler, i stared at her for a few seconds then went to the kitchen.

i grabbed a bottle of water then walked back to her bedroom, she was sweating badly on her forehead.

"sit up real quick." i said and she slowly sat up.

i placed some pillows around her then had her sit back down,"drink some of this." i mumbled handing her the bottle.

i walked to her bathroom and grabbed a washcloth, i wet it with water then ringed it all out and folded it walking back to her room.

i placed it on her forehead and wiped sweat off her face with it, she had drunk half the bottle already.

i kept the cloth on her forehead and her eyes were slowly shutting,"you can go to sleep imma be right here." i said and she nodded her head snuggling underneath me.

i grabbed my phone and connected it to my airpods, i played a random movie on netflix while rubbing her back.

(what we thinking so far y'all 👀)