33

one month later...

jahzara sighed as she finished her clients thigh length box braids,"$150

jahzara sighed as she finished her clients thigh length box braids,"$150." jahzara spoke as the young woman handed her card over.

jahzara stuck it into the card machine and clicked the correct amount before handing the card back,"have a good evening." jahzara said before heading back to her station.

she knew she had one more appointment before she could leave, she started cleaning her station up and went to grab a nude wig cap and  glue for lace fronts.

she heard a loud ding indicating someone had walked in, her stomach sank as she saw makena and kylie walk in hand-in-hand.

she has a sick feeling to her stomach but she knew she couldn't get upset foreal...she took a deep breath as she turned around and pretended to not see them.

"jahzara!" she heard her boss yell.

"yes ma'am."

"miss makena is your last appointment for the day."

jahzara wished she could turn into a pile of dust at the moment but nodded her head,"okay let me use the restroom real quick and i'll get right to it." she said as she briefly made eye contact with makena before heading to the back.

she went into the staff bathroom and locked the door as she pulled out her phone and called mosi,"yoo..." mosi rasped into the phone.

he had been out all last night with zae and marshay, they had to make a few drops which took hours due to how far they were.

"i'm sorry to wake you up- but why the fuck makena and her bitch then came here...makena ass know i work here- then i gotta do her damn hair." jahzara said and she bit down on her lip.

she hated how emotional she had been lately, she hated how vulnerable she was at the moment.

"just breathe mama...just ignore any antics they try, just do yo job and get yo money so i can come get you." mosi said while rubbing his eyes.

"and if sumn go left you know to call me ma." he added on and jahzara nodded her head as she wiped her eyes.

"why you crying ma?" mosi asked as he stared at the screen.

"i don't fuckin know.." she mumbled.

"stop crying baby you okay...just do her head and get the fuck on outta there you don't even gotta talk to her."  he said as jahzara walked out the bathroom.

"okay i love you.."

"i love you too ma." mosi said before hanging up.

he put his phone on charge before rolling back over onto his stomach and closed his eyes drifting back to sleep.

jahzara walked back to her station where makena was already sitting, she took her comb and started sectioning makena's hair.

makena looked over at kylie who was on her phone before she started speaking,"you know...we can still be friends." makena said and jahzara paused as she took a deep breath.