36- Shooting Stars

"Down! Down on the ground!" The guy with the gun demands.

"I can't really do that." I say nervously and he cocks his gun more. "I'm sorry! But If I get down I won't get back up!" I say that to a guy with a gun who probably would benefit if I didn't get back up.

"Fine! Then just s-stand there! Don't move!" He stammers slightly.

"Listen, take anything you want! Just don't hurt her!" Jerry pleads. "She's pregnant! Have a heart!"

"Shut up!" The guy shouts. "You!"

"M-me?" I stutter.

"Yeah, empty the till!" He commands.

I cautiously walk over to the till and start rambling, "Why are you doing this?"

"Jus-just do as I said!" He clicks the safety off.

"Please! Please don't shoot me!" I beg tears falling from my eyes. "My names is Rox-Roxanne Vanderwaal and I'm 18 years old. I was born the 20th of June. Umm, My-my mum is a-a drug addict with an abusive child rapist boyfriend. He- he held me against my will and-and he raped me with the help of my mother. My d-dad's an abusive alcoholic who was arrested when I was 14. Four! Four years ago Mike, my, my er, my care worker found me and helped me. He got me away from my dad. I basically raised this little boy that I love so so much. Harry! His names Harry and he's close to my s-sister Sapphire, but we call her Saph. Frank is Liam's best friend and Liam is my boyfriend. My boyfriend and I have been together since we were sixteen, but we knew we loved each other for so much longer than that. I'm twenty weeks pregnant. With my whole life ahead of me. Please! I'm pregnant! I've barely lived! So far everything has gone to shit, please let me turn it around! I'm a person! I'm a person..."

"I have no choice!" The gun guy says, tears in his own eyes. "If I don't do this, he's gonna kill me!"

"Okay! Okay, okay... Just-just tell me your name. I c-can help you." I tell him.

"Joey. My names Joey." He states, lowering the gun slightly as it shakes in his hands.

"Joey. That's a nice name." I try smile but my lips quiver. "Do you have any family?"

"My-my mum a-and I have a brother."

"Hmm, ar-are you close?" I ask.

Suddenly something changes in his eyes as he hears police sirens. "What have you done?! What have you done?!"

"It-it wasn't me. I swear." I start crying again as the gun is pointed at me again. He shoots and I quickly duck behind the counter.

"Rox!" "Liam!" The sound of another gun shot rings throughout the diner.

"NO!" And another.

<^>

Liam's POV:

"Rox!" "Liam!" The sound of another gun shot rings throughout the diner. I dive out of the way and hit my head on the side of a table causing me to slowly fall unconscious.

"NO!" And another is the last thing I hear.

.....

I come to my senses and my eyes flutter open, all I see is blood and a someone being wheeled out on a stretcher. "Rox?"

I stand up wobbly, clutching a near booth to help me up and then try follow the stretcher to see who's on it. "Rox?"

"Roxy?!" I lost the stretcher and all the lights coming from the police cars and the ambulance causing my head to be worse. "Roxy?!"

I stumble over to the old man that was with her in there just as he's about to get in the police car, "Hello, I'm Roxy's boyfriend."

"Jerry." He nods and the police officer ushers him in the car.