Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Jamie picked me up on our way to the beach. Now, you may want to call me stupid for that since I still didn't know him that well, but I had a hunch the guy wasn't a crazy serial killer. I trusted my gut about him and was already strangely comfortable around him. Plus, I always felt like I was a good judge of character.

That didn't mean I was the most confident person in the world though. I was self-conscious of my height, my thick brows, and sometimes my very curly hair if it decided to be uncooperative. I was aware of my decent figure and shape, but that didn't mean I wanted to flaunt a bikini. I'm not saying I was major eye-candy; I just didn't like drawing attention to myself.

However, that was not an issue. Despite such 'nice weather,' there was barely anyone at the beach besides us. We probably looked like lunatics for going swimming too. Though it was a hotter day (meaning only 78 degrees), the water... was absolutely fucking freezing. Honestly, that made it even more exciting and intense though!

When the ocean water I've been dreaming of first rushed up to my ankles, I laughed through my gritted teeth. "Holy fuck! That is insanely cold," I exclaimed with a grin.

"I told you we could have gone to the 'wimpy' bay instead," he teased from next to me.

I chuckled over the rush of shallow waves. "I'm no puss! The cold is refreshing actually."

"Oh yeah? If it's so refreshing, why don't you just dive right in?"

"Bitch, why don't you?"

Clearly, our pride wasn't worth it. Instead, we just stood in the calf-deep rushing of water for a long second, stalling. I couldn't stop smiling though, seeing the waves rush us before withdrawing back. The strength behind them made me stumble a bit. It was even better than I expected! Finally though, we both grew some balls and slowly eased more into the water. Glancing over to him in his swim trunks, I noted he was keeping his arms above the water. Fucking baby.

"Maybe we should actually go to the bay where it's warmer, huh? Would that make you feel better?" I teased before squealing from the cold water raising and rolling past my waist. "Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, that was a big wave!"

"Yeah, maybe we should since you can't handle it."

While it was difficult to adjust to the cold, I was happy we came to this beach. I always wanted to swim in the ocean – and it was more fun than I expected!

A few waves made us bob with them, bringing it to our shoulders. I made sure not to go too far out – and didn't need to thanks to the rising water from the waves. After he dared me to go underwater, I didn't disappoint, and proved myself worthy of praise. Once he did too, we basically turned into little kids.

"Hey, what's that out there?" Jamie said, pointing out towards the horizon.

"What's what? I don't see it...." I craned my neck up to try and see.

I didn't notice Jamie drifted behind me. Then, he knocked my legs out from under me and shoved me underwater! Oh, that ass! The water rushed me and I immediately grinned and popped back up. Surfacing, I grabbed his shoulders and tried doing the same thing. He wrestled my hands away, but I was stubborn. It took a few tries (and a few fits of laughter between us), but I finally dunked him!

We did that a few more times, swam with the waves, and even dove into a few oncoming ones too. Each time we did, the powerful force of the water was exhilarating! If you've never been to the ocean, that is one thing that was insane: how strong and powerful the waves were! When we dove off in the same direction as the waves, it plummeted us towards the shore and left me laughing once we resurfaced.