Chapter 19

Chapter 19

What number was this? The fifth or sixth 'coincidental run-in' with Peter? There was something different about this one though: this was the first time seeing this amount of rage shine through his stone front. The man was full on livid.

Oops, my bad, I mean the fallen angel was livid. His dirty blonde locks and active-wear clothing was the same as always. But I would never look at him the same. Not after what I learned. Who would have thought that I would prefer him staying just the weirdo stalker?

Peter's entry grabbed the obnoxious patrons' attention. He received a few laughs, a few stiff stares. But nobody seemed threatened. Famine remained relaxed as Peter rigidly stormed over to our table.

"Should have known you were this stupid," he hissed, yanking me to my feet.

"Let go of me." I ripped my arm away, but not without grabbing my chair to steady my legs from my sudden dizziness. "I'm not your fucking property!"

"So you want to be this degenerate pig's property instead?!" His blazing eyes darted to Famine. "Stay the fuck away from her."

"Why? What have I done?" he asked innocently, but with taunting eyes.

"For starters, you're draining the life out of her."

What? My heavy eyes found Famine. I was getting more weak and tired and sore. I didn't realize he was the source. "You're doing this to me?" My heavy legs invited me to slump back into the chair, only to be yanked up roughly again by Peter. Scowling, I snapped at him. "Don't fucking touch me! You're a liar, you're not even a person!"

Peter jutted a finger at Famine. "You think that thing is a person?"

Thing? I paused for a horror-filled moment.

Famine took the last sip of his drink before switching it out with mine. "Don't let him get you all worked up, doll. I'm a person. I'm human."

"He is half human. Half demon."

"Like there's a difference," Famine scoffed.

An unsettling wave ran through me. I was the last person to ask about this stuff, but a fucking demon?! That couldn't be anything good, especially after what he shared about demons! I was a gullible idiot! I shouldn't have ignored the dangerous vibe around him.

"Peter, it's always a pleasure seeing a miserable stiff like yourself. But I'm in the middle of a conversation you were too good and too busy to have with this poor girl," Famine sneered, and while he stayed relaxed, disdain shined in his eyes.

"Well, you should have made your pathetic business pitch in one of her dreams because we're leaving."

Our exchange drew more attention. There was still chatter, but more people watched in interest. Two burly men were eyeing us up too. One even stood up and neared us.

That seemed to be Peter's que to leave. He wrapped an arm around me to guide me. Ugh, I was sick of being handled like a doll!

"Would you fuck off?!" I exclaimed, trying to weakly shove him and his hold away.

"Leaving so soon? After barging into my bar?" Famine chimed.

Not budging, Peter pinned me to his side as he started to guide my weak body towards the back door. Then, as we past Famine...he turned in his chair and abruptly grabbed my wrist, turning me towards him. When his chestnut eyes found mine... digging deep... my knees suddenly began to buckle!

What the fuck?! How was he doing this?! It's like a chunk of my remaining energy disappeared. I nearly collapsed to the floor, but Peter's strong arm tightened and ripped my wrist out of Famine's smooth fingers. He weaved us through the tables, basically dragging me, but not before catching one last glimpse of Famine. Sipping my drink, he winked with a wicked smirk before my dizzy vision readjusted.