Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Lesson learned, folks. Don't harass me if Peter is around.

For such a jaded 'uncaring' man, I was stunned. Peter slugging him in the face was so unexpected. Watching only a few feet away, it also looked so... effortless. The movement was natural and quick. The result was also unexpected.

It was like a rocket launched into the man's face, driving him down until his body and face slammed into the ground! Oh my god. You could even hear the loud impact of his cheek slamming against the floor (along with a hard and startled grunt of pain from him). Gasps and reactions of shock reached the air – including mine when I stepped back with wide eyes. Damn, he really just did that! It was one punch, but there was a ton of strength behind it.

A little too much strength in my opinion.

Seeing how quick and hard the man landed on the floor was more shocking than the punch itself. My breath picked up in concern, but also a weird mix of admiration. Though he didn't wear it on his face, seeing how his angelic strength took over his self-control... it was clear how pissed he was. How disgusted he was by that asshole grabbing me. It made my heart flutter. He really did that. And for me.

"Ugh," the man moaned. Clearly not a threat, and giving up on trying to be one, he rolled over and cupped his face. "What the fuck steroids are you on?!"

Peter's eyes flashed to his two friends in the booth. "Leave."

I half expected them to fight back or defend their hurt friend. But, unlike most others around, they had the same front row seat as me. They saw how powerful and strong that punch was. The two men just continued to stare at him. "Jesus," the one breathed.

Stepping closer, Peter dragged one of them out of the booth. "Did you not hear me? Take your dumb-fuck friend and get out of here," he hissed in a low threatening tone.

That snapped them into action. With the whole restaurant watching, the two scared and full-grown men complied and quickly left, grabbing the groaning loser along the way. Yeah, that's right, everyone. Be scared of my fallen angel bodyguard.

The area cautiously returned to life once they left. People started to murmur, obviously over the show they all watched. Good. Hopefully it was a good warning to any other assholes present. And for those that weren't present... well, I knew one of the security camera's recorded it. Maybe I could get Vince to play it on a 24/7 loop on the TV behind the bar. You know, as a continuous warning to any other pig-men who dare to dine here.

With a tight expression, Peter's gaze turned to me. He was controlled, contained, but fire still colored his focus. Until Vince rushed over. Before my boss could blow up in rage, Peter immediately jumped in, shifting to sympathetic mode.

"You are the bartender, right? I am sorry that caused such a scene," he said, trying to deescalate everything. "I didn't mean to frighten or disturb anyone."

Vince shook his head. "This is my place, it's not a circus, it's not okay to do those things, and escalate situations to the point where they become violent!"

I spoke up. "He was defending me, he—"

"Oh. You started all this?" he snapped harshly at me.

"Sir, if I may, she did nothing wrong," Peter defended, laying on his charism and charm (which he somehow had on hand for necessary circumstances). "Those men harassed her. Touched her inappropriately; disrespected her physically and verbally. Nobody should have to go through what she did tonight – and nobody, including your customers, should have to hear or witness it either. And I agree. This is not a circus, so their behavior was out of line. Especially here, in one the most respected and nice establishments around here."