Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Bryce's house was 30 minutes north-east in the city of Tilla Rook. We might as well define it as 'College City' at this point. Liz took me here not long ago to show me where I would be going to school. Now, I could experience what college would be like here outside of the classroom too.

He lived in the old part of town. The crammed city-blocks and shitty roads reminded me of living in Illinois. Houses (both nice and dumpy) were side-by-side with the occasional car parked on the road. I knew I arrived when it turned into lines of cars hugging the curbs of his small street. Dang, this really was a party. It was a bitch to park to say the least.

A mixture of chatter and dance music filled the air as I approached the basic two story house. People were mingling on the narrow cement porch; several talked in the front yard with drinks in their hands. Most seemed to be older than me, but I was definitely one of the tallest girls there. Other than that, I don't think I stood out – even with my outfit. I saw more revealing clothes, but I still didn't do half-bad. My peach halter tank-top hung low and highlighted the shape of my bust. It was tucked into my peach leather belt around my short black skirt that showed off my legs. It was still nice to show off what I usually tend to hide.

I didn't feel as confident as I looked just yet. I was both excited and nervous with anticipation, but I suppose that was the point. I loved to have fun and let loose, but this was new territory for me. I was across the country, and these were college students. Plus, it's been a hot-minute since I've been to a party, especially one where I didn't know anyone. Well, I guess I did know a few people already. I already knew Zack, Carla, Bryce, and Peter.

Yes. You heard correctly. Just kill me, guys. Only after I kill Peter first though.

Before Peter ruined my night, I was able to relax and enjoy some of the evening. By now, the party was in full swing. The living room and kitchen were cluttered – like cluttered and crowded to the max – with people. Most were chatting, mingling, laughing, and some dancing. Not long after I stepped inside, I found Zack (who was naturally mixing drinks together for people). He loudly introduced me to a few people over the music; I talked to them for a couple minutes. Talked to a few others. I even saw Carla from work.

She loved parties and was clearly in her element. She was all glitter, inside and out. She had a glitter orange crop top, glitter in her smooth black hair, glitter eyeshadow that complimented her dark pretty skin. When we spotted each other, she danced over to me with a grin. "Look at you, sexy! I didn't expect a prude like you to have clothes like this! Love the belt thing you got going."

"Thanks. I loved belts – and I'm a fun prude, thank you very much," I smiled.

"I'm glad because I was wondering if I was going to see ya here," she exclaimed over the music, towing me to the bowl of spiked punch. "What do ya think of all these big kids?"

"I didn't expect Bryce to have so many friends. Not sure if I even know that many people," I smiled, glancing over the sea of people. It was nothing too crazy or out of control. Good vibes, good fun, and okay music. What could be better than that? Nobody seemed to mind that I was younger than them either, which was nice.

"The upcoming college seniors came out of hibernation for this. Bryce goes to school with most of them," she said, pouring us both a cup and taking a swig. "When did you get here?"

"Like 15 minutes ago. I've already met a few people. I'm not shy when meeting people, but it makes me awkward. I asked the same person twice what they do for a living."

"Pfft. You dressed for a party, live up to it. Ask what people do in the bedroom instead of for a living."

"Yeah? Is that your plan?"