Daring

Text copyright ©LittleMissGoody ™ 2016

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

A single copy of the materials available in this story may be made, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others, whether or not in electronic form or in hard copy, without prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials. Contact information for requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials available through this course is listed below:

littlemissgoody@gmail.com

My first chapter dedicated to khimmyAlfie for the amazing covers

Its a typical day in the life of Annbella Stone ME always running late. My boss Martin who by the way, is the greatest boss ever. Asked me his secretary to photocopy some important documents for him by 1pm it was already 11:45am. And of course the photocopier on our floor is broken and the documents weighed a ton (not really). So I rang down to reception and ask my good friend Barb who happens to be my lifesaver today, if I could borrow their photocopier for an hour. Which she replies Yes.

So I'm down in reception listening to Barb going on about the company gossip. Personally I hate gossip but I know Barb lives for it. I really think most people stop to visit her and gossip because she is beautiful she has long legs to die for, small petit figure and long blonde hair with those blue eyes. Compared to me she was HOT. As for myself well I'm not fat, I think and I'm not small, I would say I'm avenge size. With boring brown wavy hair and hazel green eyes. Nothing and I mean nothing, interesting about me. When I look up at the time I realize its 12:30pm, I was so behind, I need to get this back up to Martin before he starts his meeting at 1pm.

I Thank Barb for using her photocopier and dash off before she starts again. As I was rushing pass the foyer my shoe slips on the slippery tiles. And just like a slow motion movie, the papers I was holding were now floating in the air like a parachute being opened above my head, and all I could do was watch each paper slowly land every where in the foyer. Damnit. I get on my knees, because the black pencil skirt I decided to wear today was a bad choice. Lots of people walking pass stopped to pick up a few papers, and kept walking. I gathered all the papers and was sorting it as quickly as possible but I was missing a couple of pages. Argh not my day. As I look around I spot them under a seat not far from me. So I crawl over on my knees and retrieve them. So I check it again.

As I'm checking it, I hear someone clearing their throat. Thats when I realized there were black expensive man shoes in front of me and I follow the shoes up to grey striped suits pants, then the jacket and then black hair. And finally those bright, ocean blue eyes. Wow he takes my breath away, I must of been staring. Because I didn't hear him speaking. Until I realized his mouth was moving.
"Are you alright, do you need a hand getting up?" I replied weakly "Oh, yes I'm fine" he had his hand stretched out.
So I placed my tiny hand into his big hand and I nearly retrieved my hand as I felt a spark when we touched. I look at him, he is gorgeous and his voice was so deep, my mind was going to naughty thoughts. He cleared his throat again. Damnit. I need to stop staring at him. Now that I'm standing with the papers in my hands. I looked at my watch, its 12:45pm. I've got 15mins to get these papers to Martin.

I Thanked him, and took off running for the lifts. I didn't know he was right behind me, I jumped in the first lift that opens, and just as the doors were closing he stepped into the lift with me. Great, now I'm struck alone in a lift with him. Kill me now. He had a few papers in his hand "You forgot this" "oh, Thank you".
"So you work on 26th floor you must be very important"
"No not me I'm just the secretary. My boss is important" he had a small smile on his face.
"So have you worked here long?" "About 5 years now, what about you, do you work here?"
"You could say that, my name is Christian."
"Hi Christian, nice to meet you." After a minute of silence. He chuckled "Um, are you going to give me your name"
I was feeling a little daring today, so I thought well blue eyes I'm never going to see you again. So whats the point. We were nearly at my floor yahhh. I replied "actually No I'm not going to give you my name, if we meet again, which I highly doubt it, I will give you my name then" And just on cue the doors opened and I walked out. I glanced backwards only to see him in shock with a smirk on his face. Shaking his head.