Safety

Christian's POV

I was really enjoying myself, its been a long time since I had seen my family, I missed my dis-functional family, don't get me wrong I loved my family very much we were just all different. My phone rang, so I walked into the other room to take it

"Charlie"

"Sir, there's a fire at Miss Ella's apartment, I'm on my way now, but I wanted to let you know I will be in contact when I have more details"

"Shit, Thank you Charlie, keep in touch"

as I hung up I knew I needed to get back to New York before she got there

"Shirley organise the next flight for me to New York"

I walked into the other room, the boys fell silent as soon as I entered

room,

"I need you to know that Ella's apartment is on fire, I watched as both Dwayne and Derek got concerned and approached me for more details so I'll be on the next flight back to New York, but I need you to keep Ella here, I will send a few of my men to follow her while she is here. I'm not going to tell her though, it will be for her best interest"

Derek and Dwayne looked at each other, do they know something that I don't know

"If I were you I would never lie to her or purposely keep things from her, because she will eventually find out and when she does, she will be pissed with you, I'm just saying from personal experience, when she is angry its not a good thing" Derek said

"I want her safe, I don't want her risking exposure" I said

"I really appreciate you looking out for my sister, but trust us when we say just be honest with her every time, besides how are you going to explain to her she has no apartment due to the fire" said Dwayne

I hated that I had to tell her, I just want to keep her safe but if her brothers think its in the best of her if I tell her then so be it.

I walked into the other room, she was laughing away with Denise, she looked so beautiful and carefree I loved seeing her like this. When she saw me approaching her she knew something wasn't right.

"Charlie just called and said your apartment is on fire, and he will call when he has more information"

The look on her face was shock, she stood there a while, I touched her face, so she would talk to me.

"Ella, come on baby talk to me"

"I I I I need to leave, lets go back to Derek's house, pack and leave" she said slowly as if still processing this new information

"Ella, come take a seat with me" I watched as everyone hovered around us, watching her like a hawk. We sat on the couch I could feel her trembling, and I knew right she was trying to hold it together.

"Ella I really think you should stay here, I can have a security team watch over you while I sort out what's happening in New York"

"No! I don't need a babysitter I will be fine, we are leaving together and that's final, I will make the arrangements" she stood but I grabbed her before she stormed off

"Okay baby I'll make the arrangements, but you will have security follow you from now on this is not up for discussion"

"I can look after myself"

"I know you can, this is for my own peace of mind"

she was silent but I don't care if she told me to leave, they were going to follow her. I made the arrangements for us to fly back tonight, and I could see she was torn, between leaving and staying. I knew she loved her family so much, and they equally loved her too.

As we were sitting on my private jet to take off, I felt her body shake when I turned I saw her crying, I reached over and hugged her.

"I hope my photo of Mum and Dad wasn't destroyed in the fire, its the only one I have of them both together, just them before Dwayne and I came into their lives ... silence.... I have no where to live now, I have to start all over again, how did this happen"

"I don't know baby, but we will sort something out I promise" Ella was always so strong minded, determined, so my heart broke watching her be so vulnerable. Whoever did this is going to pay.