Calls

Ella's POV

I have been home for 5 days now, and Christian hasn't stopped calling. I haven't answered any of his calls, I spoke with Martin to let him know I will be on leave for a couple of weeks at least. He was happy to hear from me, I didn't want to worry him, he did mention something about Christian needing to speak to me, but I wasn't ready yet.

I sat at my outdoor lounge chair, it was my chair because the other chair was my dad's. He would sit with me and we would talk about things, it was a way for me to think things through. One time I came home so upset that I asked Dad to sit with me, he asked me what was wrong I told him that girls didn't like me, because I acted like a tomboy. Dad asked was it so bad that I was a tomboy? And that's how our conversation would start, it continued until it got dark or when I would say 'I get it now'. That day we spend most of the night trying to figure out whether me being labelled a tomboy a good or bad thing, and of course my Dad convinced me that it was neither because it was peoples perception of me. They either like me or not. Mum let us all eat dinner outside that night, and everyone joined in this time, normally it was me and Dad. It was a great night, oh how I miss that, I missed my mums cuddles, and my Dads advice, my brothers being annoying. Wait they still are annoying, I smiled at the memory.
"Is that a smile I see" I looked up to see Dwayne, he moved to sit in Dads chair
"Yeah just remembering that Tomboy conversation we had out here with Mum and Dad"
"Oh yeah took you so long to figure that out, me and Derek were so bored"
"Shut up" we laughed
my phone started to ring, I saw Christians name pop up, I just turned the volume down.
"Maybe you should answer it"
"No its okay"
"You know eventually you will have to see him, and by the way he keeps calling all night and all day, you will need to have a conversation with him. Would it be so bad to answer his call?"
"I'm not ready yet"
"Ready for what though"
"I don't know?"
"I think you do know, you don't want to hear whatever it is your afraid of hearing, when deep down you already know the truth, you just need to face it head on, and stop hiding behind a volume buttom, hear him out and then you can move on"
I sat there as always my brother without a doubt was right, I needed to get over this and move on, I can't hide anymore.
Then my phone rang again
"Talk to him" Dwayne said as he got up to leave. I waited for the doors to close before I answered it.
"Hello" there was a silence, the sound of his voice broke my heart
"Ella please I just need to know your okay"
again silence
"I'm fine please stop ringing me"
"Ella its a hugh misunderstanding I'm divorced I've been divorced for years now, but I've kept it from the media"
"I don't believe you"
"I told you before Ella I'm a very private person, please tell me where you are"
"I'm fine, please stop calling, I'm done"
"Ella please, I can't sleep without knowing your okay, I can't eat, work is non existent, I really need to see you please Ella, what do I need to do for you to believe me? just tell me"
"Show Martin the divorce papers and I will believe you, I'll call him tomorrow"
then I hung up, I can't trust him, but I can trust Martin, he became my protector, I trusted Martin with all my secrets.

I was pacing my room anticipating hearing if it was true or not. I called Martin and he confirmed that it was all true, the divorce, he really did divorce her. But it didn't erase the fact that he ignored me all night and didn't want me to be there that night. That still hurt. I called him and told him I was with Derek, in California and he didn't need to worry.

Later that night, I was sitting in my chair when I heard a commotion for the lounge room when I stood to look at what was happening, there standing in the middle of my lounge room was Christian. What hell was he doing here?