Clarity

Ella's POV

I just made it in time for Martin to go to his meeting. I had so much other work to catch up on that I worked through lunch and didn't even realize it. As I stated to go through the first lot of emails an alert came through from the top floor informing us of a meet and greet with the CEO. Great, just what I didn't need more distractions and now I will have to work late. Not my day. I'm sorry but I really didn't care who our CEO is, it probably is an old man or woman who is ready to pass on the business to their heir.

By 2:45pm I realized I was late again, so I told Martin to go first, I'd eventually get there. I needed to finalize the marketing materials before we went to print.

Just after 3pm I rushed to get to the boardroom on the top floor. I reached for the door handle, opening it quietly hoping to be discrete. As I looked around I found Martin in the middle of the crowd. Of course he wants centre of attention. I roll my eyes as I make my way to him. I look up and I'm in shock it's Christian. What is he doing? He starts talking. I can't take my eyes off him. Then I feel his eyes on me, and it felt like we were the only two in the room. "My name is Christian Williams your CEO of Williams Corporation" oh my gosh did he just say what I think he did? I must look so stupid standing with my mouth open and shock on my face.

As he continued talking I kept playing the events of this afternoon when I met him. I was on my knees in front of my bosses boss. Argh. Not my day. And then I play coy and not give him my name. It's amazing he didn't fire me, for being stupid. Wait. I challenged him to find out my name the next time we meet. Did he set this up so he could get my name? This is not good for either of us. I need to keep my distance from him.

There was an applause. I watched him walk to me and he kept his eyes on me. I couldn't look away even though every fibre in me was saying 'walk away now'. I couldn't. It would be rude to walk away. Right. This is bad. I need to distance myself from him. "Hi, I'm Christian Williams and you are?"
I replied "Hi Christian I'm Annbella Stone but everone calls me Ella for short, I must say well played Mr Williams". And then we stood there silent, I could feel an invisible current drawing us to each other, I wanted to touch him even if it was just the slightest touch. I never noticed before but he had this confidence that radiated off him. But it made me feel inadequate next him.

Then I hear Tony's voice, and I watched as Christian's face looked annoyed and didn't like to be interpreted. I needed to get out of here now. This was my cue to leave. "Well Christian it was nice meeting you again, maybe we will see each other again" I turned and left. I was hyperventilating by the time I closed the boardroom door. I need to keep away, I need clarity.

It took me a good 5 mins before I could calm down. When I got back to my desk, my mind was a jumbled mess. I mean my love life was non existent right now. I've been to a few bars, looking for sex and went home with a few boys, I mean boys because they were like me. We were only in for a quick release. I never allowed any of them to stay the night, I would even pay for a taxi to get them home. Long term relationships were always to complicated. My mind keep thinking about what if me and Christian were a couple how comforting that would be. But I know it would not end well.

I heard my mobile ring, I pulled out my drawer and looked at the caller id.
"Hey Derek"
"What time you coming home?"