Anger

Ella's POV

I woke early to make Derek breakfast and to spend the last few hours together before he left for LA. After we both went our separate ways, I drove with a heavy heart to work, to say I cried on my way to work was an understatement.
As I pulled up to the carpark I quickly wiped my eyes, because I knew I had a long day at work and, oh my gosh how could I forget my dinner tonight with Christian.
I'm such an idiot how could I go to dinner with the CEO of Williams Corporation, and think that everything about dinner will be alright. If it was so right then why didn't I tell Derek, he knew something was weird about me last night. I kept day dreaming, about Christian asking me, the way he tilted that gorgeous head of his, how he smiled at me when I asked if I could do his work tomorrow. Damnit. Mr Blue eyes you are distracting me again. Okay I can do this, prioritize first get the meeting with the executive team out of the way. Second depending on how the meeting goes, will depend on if we have a celebration lunch or do we go back to the drawing board. Third dinner with Mr blue eyes, oh please don't let fall over or crawl on my bloody knees again. Please be a good day.

The executive team arrived, the first to walk in was Larry from Finance, Michael from Technical support, Tina who was a board member and last Christian. When I saw him my heart skipped a beat, he walked into the room and all eyes were focused on him, my heart was beating so fast at the sight of him. I felt faint at that moment, I need to prioritize step one first. Then abruptly Christian said
"Lets get started I have a busy day"
Something is wrong. Oh no. Why was he angry.
As everyone quickly took their seats, Martin started his presentation, I was only there to support Martin. I sat at the table quietly listening and a few times I would sneak a peek at Christian. He would not look at me and he didn't acknowledge me when he arrived. Well dinner is canelled now, maybe it is for the best. After Martin finished his presentation, the executive team decided they wanted to discuss it more before they made their final decision. We had just closed the meeting and were packing up when Christian said "Miss Stone may I have a word in private please" he said it more as a command than a question.
"Sure" Martin looked at me but I nodded to him as if to say that I was okay, and I would see him later.
When everyone left the room I stood there like a statue waiting for the sledgehammer to hit me on the head, and I would crumble into millions of pieces. I wanted to run, save myself the embarrassment of being rejected.

Christian's POV

I need an answer and I'm going to get it one way or another, I don't like being deceived.
"How was your dinner last night?"
"It was good Thank you" she said hesitantly. She's lying.
"Did you have dinner alone or with a friend" here we go
"Actually I had it with my brother"
Shit. Does she have a brother, come on brain think, according to her file she has a brother Derek. She didn't lie, I let out a big breathe, I didn't even know I was holding. Throughout the meeting I couldn't look at her, now all I wanted to do was look into those beautiful hazel eyes, I take a step closer to her. I can smell her expensive perfume, its so intoxicating to me, its a combination of a sweet and musky smell. I watch her as I raise my hand to her face and I feel the softness of her cheek, it feels like a light feather so soft to touch. And automatically she leans her cheek into my hand. I can't hold it anymore I lean in closer to her lips, keeping my eyes on her as if asking for permission, when she doesn't look away. I lean in closer until I feel her soft, plum lips against mine, they taste sweet like biting in a juicing watermelon, you just want more. Before I know it I'm leaning in closer to deepen the kiss as I feel her hit the wall. But then she pushes me away, looks at me and says "I'm sorry but I don't think this is a good idea" Then she runs for the door. Shit.