Boyfriend

Christian's POV

After Derek had revealed the truth about Ella, I was in shock, then I was angry at her for not caring about her well being. When Ella joined us for breakfast, I excused myself to make an important phone call, she looked at me worried but I kissed her on the forehead telling her 'I just need to call the office I won't be long' she smiled and turned to have a conversation with Derek.

As I walked out onto her patio, I dialled Charlie's number

"Sir"

"Charlie, do you still have contact with your military friends, who maybe in need of some security work?"

"Yes Sir, but Sir is everything okay"

"I need a security team to follow Ella everywhere she goes, if you can get as many as you can"

"Give me a couple of days and I will have them organised and ready to work"

"Charlie she can't know they are following her either and I don't want amateurs I need professionals, I'll explain more when we are alone, but for now get them organised and then give me their fees, today is Saturday they need to be ready by Tuesday night"

"Yes Sir"

after he hung up, I felt uneasy as if someone was watching me, I turned to look around but there was no one around just me and the wide expanse of the beach before me.

Ella's POV

Christian had left to make a phone call to his office, I hope I wasn't being a burden, keeping him to myself for selfish reasons. He looked angry and so cute with those cargo pants, and that sexy white top, oh how white makes him look sexy as hell.

"Um yuk!"

"What"

"You were so checking him"

I laughed I wasn't going to deny it that sexy beast is all mine.

"So what are you and Christian doing today"

I didn't have any plans, especially because I didn't know he was going be here

"Don't know, what do you think?"

"Think about what?" asked Dwayne as he walked through the door

"Does no one knock in California any more?" I asked

"Not when my sister is in town, so I see CEO stayed, how did it go?"

"Good I explained everything with him and he is cool with it"

"So what were you and Derek thinking about when I walked in"

"We were just wondering where I could take Christian?"

"Why don't you just ask him is there somewhere he wants to go, I mean he's rich, he's probably seen and done everything, besides Denise told me to tell you to come over for dinner tonight the girls want to see your boyfriend"

When Dwayne said boyfriend I froze, is that what we were or did he just like me, I mean boyfriend is such a strong word, and that would mean I was putting him in danger with Derek's uncle Joe. If Joe found out I was dating Christian he may go after him and his family. Oh my gosh maybe I should end it now to keep him and his family safe, damnit, what was I thinking, if I like him I should leave him now, because things could get out of control. I felt fingers under my chin and when I looked up it was Christian, he took my breath away, I looked into those eyes.

"Stop, I know what your thinking, so stop, I am not going to leave you even if you don't want me. I am here for you" then he kissed me, just a short enough kiss to bring me back to reality again, I looked at him and nodded he held me to his chest and I let my anxiety disappear, I was safe with Christian

"Ahem, silence so Denise my wife asked if you would like to join us for dinner tonight"

"Sure I would love too, what should I bring" asked Christian

"Lots of red meat" Derek said, Dwayne hit him behind the head

"What you eat so much chicken I'm always left hungry for a burger afterwards"

"Sure I'll bring lots of red meat"