Secrets

Ella's POV

I woke up with the sun shinning on my face, and Christians strong arms around me, I felt his chest raise and lower with every breath. I turned so we were facing each other, I was hoping he wouldn't wake. I watched this magnificent man sleep, he was gorgeous, so beautiful to look at, I was falling for him. Last night was magically, I've never felt the way I did when he declared he liked me, love is to strong of a word, we haven't known each other that long to say the word, but I think like was appropriate for us for now. I smile remembering how we had sex and we were so lost in each other, it felt like finally we were at peace with each other, we decided we were better together than apart.

I moved to go for a shower when I felt his grip tighten

"Where are you going"

"I thought I would go for a shower, unless you want to join me" I smiled

he opened his eyes, and grinned that sexy grin

"Even though I would love to join you, we won't be getting out of that shower any time soon, so its probably best if you go shower and I organise breakfast or a late lunch for us"

I sat up it "Before we do there is something I need to tell you"

"Okay this sounds serious"

I huffed because I always hated telling people my past, but I think I need to now.

"Its about my past"

"Okay" he sat up so we were now sitting opposite each other, with the sheets entangled around us.

"Derek isn't my real brother"

"What"

"You have to let me tell you everything before you jump in"

"Okay sorry"

"When Derek was younger he would come to our house all the time, at first I hated him because he would always pick on me, he was Dwayne's friend not mine. He would sleep over a lot which I thought was weird, but then my Dad told me that Derek came from a not so nice house. Which was my Dad's way of saying that Derek was being physically abused, and his mother would send him to us. When I found out about his bruises and cuts, I changed, I treated him like my brother. But then one day he ran through the house and he was cut really deep, and bruised really bad. He had told us that his Mum was getting beaten up by his father, and he couldn't take it any more so he tried to interfere, his father beat him up severely, but didn't think Derek had learnt his lesson so he pulled out a gun and shot his mum in the head. That's when he ran to our place"

I had sat there awhile gathering my next words, because the next part was the always the hardest part to explain and relive for me.

"What we didn't know was Derek's father followed him here, when he came over he was screaming at my parents, about how they had turned his son on him, and that Derek was disrespectful of his rules. My parents hid me and Derek behind them while they tried to reason with him, but he was enraged, and couldn't see sense, then he shot both my parents, then he turned the gun on himself and shot himself" by now I was crying and struggling to hold it together, but Christian just held me

"Shhh its alright Ella I'm here, I'm so sorry baby" he was rubbing my back but I still needed to tell him the rest

"That's not all, when we had to go to court to fight for my brother to take custody of me and Derek, we were walking out of court when a bunch of reporters started following me and asking me all these questions, they were pointing recording devices in my face, taking my picture then Derek's Uncle Joe was there he starting yelling out, and swearing at me. He blamed me for why his brother shot himself, I was overwhelmed by the media and him yelling at me that I fainted in front of everyone, since that day I've had a fear of media and press. But then Derek's uncle Joe started sending me death threats about what he would do with me, how he would torture me and watch me bleed, it scared me, he never said anything to the boys, always to me. So my brothers decided that they would send me away from here. I really think that if Derek's uncle wanted to hurt me he would of by now. Derek and Dwayne have avoided me coming back here in fear of revenge, but I don't think he would kill me"

"Shit Ella you really shouldn't be here, and how do you know he won't"

"Because its been 5 years and he hasn't done any thing, he could if he wanted too, Derek's uncle was an assassin for the gangs"

"Shit"