Wrong

Christian's POV

After she had revealed everything to me, she amazed me, with everything that was going on with her, she hasn't lived in fear, or run away from her problem. She's adapted to the thought that there is an assassin on the lookout for her. Now I understand the media, and why she probably didn't want her photo in the press out of fear he would find her. I sent her to the shower while I walked to the kitchen to organise breakfast.

I had just gotten off the phone with Charlie when I heard the door open and in walked Derek.

"Oh Hi I didn't think you would still be here"

"Um yeah we talked things through"

he looked at me, as if looking for answers

"she told you"

"Yeah"

"where is she by the way"

"in the shower"

"oh, so did she tell you the full story or the story about how my Dad shot her parents and then shot himself"

"um yeah, wait am I wrong"

"yeah she always leaves out a certain part" he was shaking his head

"have a seat I'll tell you what really happened

"the part she always leaves out is, after my father shot her parents, I was a blubbering mess, when I looked up my father had the gun pointed at me, I just froze and cried like a girl, but Ella she stood in front of me, I didn't even try to move her I couldn't move myself. She stood there looked my father in the eyes and said 'you will not kill any more of my family today' he laughed at her and said ' what makes you think he is your brother?' she kept eye contact while she said 'we were more of a family than you were ever a father' My father was stunned he stood there for what felt like eternity to me, then he said 'I'm sorry son' and then shot himself. When the police and the ambulance came, she made sure that I was tended to first, she told them she was fine to look after her brother, and she didn't need any thing. I asked for her forgiveness for bringing my father here, I will never forget what she said to me that day she said

'you are my brother, and you are not responsible for the actions of your father, I will always be here to protect you'

you see Christian she never tells any one how my father turned the gun on me because she is protecting that child that was to scared to do any thing, she is protecting me"

"Shit, she stood in front of the gun, what the hell, how old was she when this all happened?"

"She was only 16 when it happened, did she tell you how she fainted?"

"Yeah in court, because of all the media and your uncle Joe"

"Wow she was really holding back today, well when we walked out of court, my uncle was standing there waiting for her, you have to understand my uncle is a sick man, the things he did to people he did out of pure fascination, he walked up to her in front of everyone, and held a gun to her forehead, and smiled. She didn't move or finch, she stood her ground. He started to yell at her about how she had killed his brother, how she manipulated him to turn the gun on himself, she just smiled, when he saw that he was angry, he was mad, he wanted to kill her then and there. He asked her what she was smiling at 'you think your the only one that lost someone that day, you lost a brother I lost my parents, you don't see me holding a gun to your head' that was it my uncle was fuming and he pulled the trigger, only there were no bullets, its was one of his scare tactics he uses it get the other person to talk, pr soil themselves, when my uncle was taken by the police officers, cameras were flashing, and recorders were shoved into her face that's when she fainted. Dwayne and I were furious at her, why didn't she move, and why did she have to say that to him. She said later on, she was never scared of death, that never scared her, eventually we would all die, but she was more afraid of losing someone she loved again, and if she could prevent it she would"

I was in shock, I didn't know what to say, she was amazing, how she didn't blame Derek, but yet accepted him as a brother after everything, but she was also so careless about her life, did she not want to live, did she really think her life was invaluable. Now its my job to protect her and I sure as hell am going do everything in my power to do that, if she likes it or not.