Home

Ella's POV

We had arrived in California, the weather was hot, the sun was shinning but I wasn't interested, I grew up in this weather, it was just another California hot sunny day.
When we arrived, there in the door way he stood I ran up the steps and flung myself at him, and cried. I really missed my older brother Dwayne. He held me as we hadn't seen each other for 5 years now, and it was all my fault.

He walked me to the kitchen, then I saw Denise, they have been together since high school, high school sweethearts. Now they are happily married with 2 daughters, they are beautiful girls both teenagers now, Denise had them when she was in her early twenties. I hugged her, how I missed her she was my best friend, my girlfriend and my sister I always wanted.
I knew Dwayne wanted to know what was going on and why I would risk returning back to Cali. I couldn't speak, I didn't want to speak about it. I was happy to see him but I needed to go home.
"I needed to come home"
"Alright, do you need to go there now"
"Yeah"
So everyone decided that I needed to be escorted home. When I see our old house that Derek now lives in, I just cried from all the happy memories I had of this place, all the memories I wish I could get back. I missed this place. When I walked through the door, I couldn't stop the tears, I haven't been home for 5 long years and I missed this place. I've always missed the serenity this place gave me. It was a beautiful beach house when you walk through the door you are greeted with a more modern kitchen, Dereks been doing some decorating by the looks of it, but nothing major. Then you turn and there is a middle size lounge room, you would see double glass doors that you can open and you get two lounge chairs, my favourite chairs, you can sit on the chairs all day and night. It was a great place to unload all of your stress all your worries. And you can watch the waves of the beach, and taste the salt of the water, and the smell of the fresh air. I sat on my chair and looked out to the ocean, I felt my worries flowing out of me.

Derek's POV

"What is she doing back her Derek?"
"Well I think something went terribly wrong with that bloody CEO of hers"
"She can't be here, has she spoken to you about what happened "
"No"
"F*uck, she just sat on that chair, I hope we don't have a repeat of last time"
"I didn't know what else to do, she wanted to be here, you know what shes like when she doesn't get here way, she will do it anyway"
"I've misssed her, I'll take first watch, you go have a rest"
"Okay"
I want to know whats going on but we both know that she needed time and just to give her that, we just hope she doesn't fall back into silence again.

Ella's POV

I hear Dwayne sit down in the lounge chair next to me
"You don't have to babysit me you know" I said to him
"I'm glad, so do you want to talk about it"
No I didn't want to I wanted to forget the last 24 hours.
"Do you remember how me and Dad would sit out here every night talking things that were on mind?"
"Yeah he use to say you think to much"
"I guess he was right"
" I need to see them but just give me a moment to clear my mind abit will you"
"Sure we'll leave in 10"
"Okay"
" I've missed you sis"
"I've missed you more"

We have arrived, I wore my hoody over my head, its changed, I think it has gotten bigger. I walked up to them, sat down on the soft grass and cried.
"Hi Mum, Hi Dad, its been awhile, I'm sorry its been so long"
I looked up to see their wedding photo on their headstone, I missed them. I placed mums favourite white lilies in front of the headstone and a chocolate bar for Dad.