Battle Dancer: Chapter 17 Arc 2

Narrator pov

You watched the big creature get closer as you stood straight up. You saw how a field of gray emitted all around as you breathed out.

Y/N: A Corruption zone, which means he is planning to fight me in his own space. Great...

It marched closer as you held out on your own. You felt Riku shuffle on your shoulder as he poked you.

Riku:( We... We are in trouble, right? We have to get out of here and get to Ahri!)

Y/N: No...

Riku:( What are you talking about?! We almost got destroyed by that...)

Riku stopped talking as he saw the look of determination on your face. He knew it well, he saw it from other Guardians before. He hovered around you as he sat on your head.

Riku:( This... Will be hard.)

Y/N: I would rather it not be...But if it is what it takes to get my act together, then I guess I need to get the sense beaten into me.

You felt angry, it wasn't as if you never heard the things she said before, but you were tired of them. Constantly being told, you weren't good enough, trying and failing, it was the only thing that pushed you over the edge.

You didn't want what happened to that girl to happen to any of them. They treated you kindly, they showed you respect, and they taught you what you knew. You wanted to repay them, you wanted to help them, but more importantly, in the back of your heart... You wanted to show Xayah she was completely wrong.

You stood in front of the creature as it roared at you. You breathed out quickly as he charged at you.

Y/N: I won't fail you again, Raka.

Meanwhile

Ahri flew over quickly towards the building as she saw you crash into it. She ushered the other Guardians to her side as a wave of gray was emitted through the building.

Sarah: A Corruption Zone! We have to get in there quickly!

Ahri: You're right! Go everyone to-

Ahri heard a noise behind her as she saw dozens of the same creature from before as they were swarming down towards them. Ahri quickly shot fire to keep them at bay, as Sarah shot wave after wave.

Xayah: Great! Now we have to deal with these guys too!

Soraka: I can go get-

Sarah: Don't! You are too important to be going in there.

Soraka: What!? What are you trying to say?! That Y/N is-

Ahri: Listen to her! I know this isn't the best outcome, but if you die we will have nothing, we need to make sure you are kept at least alive.

Soraka: What is wrong with you!?

Sarah: Please Raka... You have to understand.

Soraka... Understood, she always did. She knew from the start that she was rare among the rare. Fully healing supports were not common, they did not appear out of thin air, and were generally considered a must have for bigger teams.

She understood her role, just like everyone else did. She hated it, having to listen and hurt for them... But in a way, she loved it. Being the one your team can rely on, being someone so great, that others would love to have you... It was a weird feeling.

She looked back as she heard nothing from the building. She closed her eyes as energy emitted from her staff.

Soraka: I won't back down, I will take them down quickly, so we can help Y/N!