Lore?!: Chapter 32 Saga Finale!

Narrator POV

Syndra stood within the encompassing darkness, a slow reach of purple liquid that trailed all across her feet. It was like she was standing within an ocean of stars and cosmos that stood just out of her reach, but more importantly, the colors almost burned the back of her throat. Staring back towards her forever reach, it was hard to grasp this feeling, like something grabbing her throat, with hands aflame, won't let go.

She stared into this almost nothingness around her, letting it almost incapsulate her being as she looked down to the water she walked upon. Her armor was still on, still held tight to her body as she felt upon her face, the same eyepatch that covered up her left eye.

Syndra: I... This place, why am I back here?

She recalled, only for a moment, a memory from before. She wasn't sure when, nor how she got here, but she knew she was here, for as little or as much as time as she needed to be. It was like Deja vu, as it completely filled her mind.

Within that memory she could recall her crystal clear. She remembered the attack on Runeterra, the corruption spreading through her world as the Slasher's army took control. She would fly towards space and watch over the army, waiting for something, but her mind kept screaming to go back, help and protect...

Luckily, nothing happened. She got the news from Ahri in a voice message that she left when she failed to pick up. They had won against all the odds, and that she was going to have a talk with all the Star Guardians sooner rather than later, she promised that she would be there, whether she wanted to be or not.

Syndra's head hurt, throbbed in pain as she was trying to keep thinking of her past, the things that held her back so much... Her betrayal of her friends...

"It was never supposed to be like" " Why did I even do it?!" Thoughts like those filled her head deeper than any cut she had ever received. She grabbed the sides of her head as she wanted to lay on the ground. She grasped at her face as she held the eyepatch, wanting to rip it clean off her face... But she knew better.

Syndra: Why... Why did I agree to all of that?!

???: You know why!~ You know that you need my help!

That voice... It was sickly sweet, like a child talking in the back of her mind, but there was maturity to her words, like a person who had experienced life times of conversations throughout their life, but that voice...

It pierced into her ear as she tried to cover them from the voice, but what looked to be the large area around her, started to echo throughout not only her own head, but around her as well. She covered them as she saw some of the cosmos below her shift and change.

Syndra:( Not her! Why now?! I thought--)

???: Seems like you weren't really accepting of it though, hehe!

Syndra: Please... Leave me alone!

???: Nuh uh!

From the sky you felt a shift in the air, but there was no real change in what she could see. She stood back up... There was nothing she could see, so she used her magic. She let it flow through her body, nothing... But for her, there was nothing either. No familiars, no power, just a lingering feeling, but after a moment, it went away.

Syndra: What do you want from me?

???: What I wanted from the start.

Syndra stopped moving, the voice was so close, she could almost feel the breath running down her neck as she was hesitating to even look. She summoned every ounce of courage, down to the bottom of her heart as she turned around.