Chapter 37: I'm Sorry Raka, What it Means to be Angry! Saga 2

Narrator POV

You always understood Soraka's strength, whether that be her power as a strong healer, or as mentally strong she was. Burdening herself with the task of making sure everyone was safe, everyone was healthy, that she understood where she must be, because if she didn't...

You knew that already, you knew that as a support your job was to keep others alive, and yet, more than you understood that, you never understood how she was able to keep herself as happy and as wonderful as she was.

Even in the face of certain doom, she stayed strong. You watched her stand strong as Ekko seemed to prepare himself for the fight. Was it taunt? You weren't sure, caught up between her strategy and her strength.

Ahri: Stop taking my spots Sarah!

Sarah: Too late, hehe.

You simply ignored it as you watched with anticipation the fight. Soraka pointed her staff towards Ekko, as she simply casted some magic his way. A simple burst of blue and green magic as it fired towards him.

Ekko: Hmm, so you do have some fight in you.

Ekko already moved quickly towards Soraka, as the bolt fired towards him he simply batted it away with his weapon and attempted to swing towards her. She was quick, able to roll out of the way as she twisted her staff into the air as she sent a small star-like orb hurtling towards Ekko.

He was able to dodge most of it as he felt his body slow at the force of the small attack, it hurt, but not very much and she knew that. Soraka never truly had any forms of powerful attacks, but she could keep an enemy at bay as long as she needed to.

However, Ekko was different, his speed wasn't anything in particular, but his power. Soraka knew that if she got hit, a single time, it was over. She needed to keep her distance, without that advantage, she would have nothing.

Kai'Sa: She needs to keep that distance, it's hard to truly keep Ekko away.

Rell: How do you suppose she can win?

Kai'Sa: It will be tough, less than 2%...But it's not 0%, and I believe in that.

Chiizu: Seems like it's just not good for her.

Kai'Sa: Ekko is a mage, impossible to truly fight around. She doesn't have the power to go even with him, every little bit counts, and she needs to use that to her advantage.

Sarah: Imagine how much harder it is for her, still, she can't be ignored.

Neeko: Raka knows that too, Neeko knows even more!

Xayah: C'mon...

Ahri: Despite the difference...

Kai'Sa: Despite the odds...

Soraka launched another bolt before Ekko could react as it landed on his chest and knocked him back a bit.

Ahri & Kai'Sa: She can win this!

Both of them realized they were talking and got embarrassed.

Soraka:( I have to keep my distance.)

She launched more of her star bolts as Ekko had no choice but keep his distance from her, he was nearing the edge of the arena as he pulled out a small device and threw it towards her. She quickly dodged the small device as it then expanded behind her.

She felt a surge of magic as she was able to see it come barreling back to her, coming back to Ekko. She saw that he had begun to run up to her trying to force her back, but as he did, Soraka was able to quickly leap back and cast another spell, a bolt of energy hitting Ekko once more.