ᴊᴀᴅᴇ

"Sapphire. That's her name. She's the girl sitting close to the bonfire." Yalex said to Trevor.

Trevor peeked from the small space of the door. Searching for the mentioned girl sitting in front of a bonfire.

He saw the girl indeed sitting there in the middle of other two girls. They were chatting with each other while eating their meal.

"She really looks like you." Coleen said as she too was peeking since it's only her and Trevor who hasn't seen her yet.

"Can I talk to her?" Trevor asked as he leaned back and looked at Yalex.

The demon shook his head followed by a sigh.

"Not yet. We must finish the plan first. We cannot afford anyone knowing about you yet. Even if she's your sister." He said and Trevor only nodded.

He didn't need to be told twice since he too, knows that it can be risky. Especially, since they are still not certain whether this sorceress is on their side or not. She can be as cunning as her parents too.

"We should head back. Samuel and the others must be waiting for us." Coleen said.

The three decided to go back to their room where the others are indeed waiting.
It has been 16 hours after Trevor came back from the past. He had enough rest so Samuel figured it's time to discuss the next part of the plan.

"So who do we rescue next?" Yvel questioned as they all gave Samuel an anticipating look.

"The next one who died, Jade." Blue replied instead and Samuel let out a sad smile at the mention of her name.

It feels kind'a odd to hear her name again after long years.

"Jade was killed in the water when I turned the ocean into ice. She couldn't possibly gone to any secluded place underwater. As she was busy killing water creatures to prevent them from going after me and my kids." He started as he continues to think further back to that old and painful memories.

"Then we should go back a little further. What about before the exact time she died?" Coleen asks.

"We had a dinner together. Then we went to sleep and hoped to arrive at Weare once we wake up. But I suddenly dreamt of Eros and Tanya betraying us so I suddenly woke up. And she wasn't beside me then." He said and Yalex suddenly flicked his fingers.

"Let's use that! Your family are currently asleep so you won't see us! It's a perfect window to sneak her out." Yalex suggested and the others agreed to it too.

"He's right. We can switch the real Jade with the clone. And it'll be easier and faster since Trevor's with us now." Yvel added.

"Perfect! So we'll switch the clone and Jade while the real Samuel and his kids are sleeping!" Coleen says with excitement.

"But. It would be hard to convince Jade to come with us. She might as well end up waking the other me once she sees us." Samuel said a little wary.

He knows his wife like the back of his palm. So his statement is really proven possible.

"She doesn't have to see any of us. I can just knock her out from the back! After all, she wouldn't be sensing any of our presence anyway." Yalex scoffed.

The others had agreed to the plan as well and eventually, they figured to start right away.

Samuel left with Yalex and Trevor. He brought them back to the time before he woke up from his vision-like dream.

The three found themselves in the small kitchen located next to their room where they sleep. They could hear Jade's footsteps in the room and it seems that she couldn't sleep and pacing for a while now.

Yalex created the clone as planned and the two who sees it for the first time are left speechless.
Especially Samuel who is face to face looking at his wife. Although she is emotionless and standing like a soulless robot. She is just looking ahead.

"Your turn." Yalex whispered at the sorcerer.

"I need her memories. Bring her here now." Trevor whispered back.

Yalex practically shoved the clone to Samuel. He was a bit flustered and the body fell since it doesn't have a working brain for it to be able to stand on its own. It's as if Yalex literally just made an empty shell.

The demon disappeared and went inside the room unannounced. Jade immediately felt his presence and turned to look at him with wide eyes.
The surprise look on her face is completely reasonable since the Yalex at that time is currently human.

Yalex took a step closer with a devilish grin on his face. Jade immediately drew out her sword and pointed it at him. He looked at his own reflection on the blade with an amused expression before slowly shifting his attention back to the siren queen.

A smile was all it takes for Jade to fall into his trance. Her eyes completely turned around and all her senses became dull. She fell into deep unconsciousness and her body is now under the control of the demon.
He effortlessly brought her to the others and Samuel was more than shocked to see the state of his wife. He would've punched the demon on the face right then but he knew that it is for the best to make sure Jade won't cause them any delay.

Trevor began to work his magic and copied all of Jade's memories, emotions and all the way of how she thinks. Everything he can to duplicate to the clone. The sooner the process is done. He put the clone into a minute of sleep before she wakes up as if she had been in that kitchen dozing off for a while.

The three kings left with the real Jade and returned back to the others at the present time. They were all equally shocked to see Jade still under Yalex control.

"You can let her free now. It makes me sick to see her like this." Samuel growls and glared at the demon.

Yalex simply shrugged his shoulders before finally snapping Jade out of the trance. She fell on her knees quickly and tried to catch her breath.
It took her a minute before she raised her head to see everyone staring at her as if they haven't seen each other for decades.

Yvel and Coleen looked at each other first before the two run to hug their fellow queen.
To say the mermaid is speechless and confused would be an understatement. There is nothing she could understand at all.

Her senses are still dull and with all the confusion building in her mind, seeing Trevor was the last straw before she eventually passed out.

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.