ʙᴀᴄᴋᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ

"So? Who's next?" Yvel bluntly asked as she plays with a small dagger on the table.

"Shouldn't we discuss this with Samuel?" Trevor asks and Yalex suddenly entered the room in a rush.

"Samuel's still watching Jade. We have to discuss what we can. Time is no longer on our side." He says as he pulls a chair to sit down and join the others.

"What does that mean?" Yvel asked and looked at the demon with a questioning look.

"Jessi sent a message." He says. "Sapphire told her that there's only a little time left before Gammon begins to march to the unseen lands of Arcadia. Which includes this place." He added. He looks quite agitated from the way how his face looks too fierce.

"Well that is sh*t! We only got two of the primes back! We still have to get the other three." Trevor huffed as he leaned onto Coleen's shoulder.

"Exactly!" Yalex agrees and sighs in exasperation.

"Well... after Jade died, it was Rhian who died next." Blue spoke in a rather quiet manner. He looks rather saddened as he speaks of the day he lost the vampire.

"That was when Eros and Tanya followed us to Earth and fought us at the Sahara Desert. Gammon came and brought Rhian to the Black Forest in the middle of the fight. That was the last time everyone saw her." Blue added followed by a heavy sigh.

"When I followed her in the forest. I haven't seen her for months..." he whispered in a shaky voice.

Yalex suddenly flickered his fingers as he leaned closer the table. A smirk playing on his face.

"That's perfect! If you haven't seen her in months when you entered the forest. That's our perfect window to switch her!" The demon explained and the others immediately agreed to the idea.

"Then after Rhian! Was it Kitsch who died next? When I followed the rest of you, I saw him flooding the battlefield with his own blood." Blue states and both Yvel and Yalex looked down. Especially Yalex, his excited smile faded down as he bit his trembling lips at the memory of it.

"No. It was Ysabella who died next." Yvel said quietly as she looks away to wipe her warm tears but Yalex suddenly cut her off with a rather angry tone.

"I killed her. That is why Kitsch felt that kind of pain. Because his sister was murdered. And I did it." Yalex muttered which resulted to Trevor rolling his eyes at him.

"It wasn't by choice! You didn't kill her because you wanted to! You were a human back then!" Trevor said to him. He's not used to see Yalex being in this state. Atleast because he wasn't there with Yalex when the demon watches everyone lose and he have no power to help them.

"I! Killed her! With my own hands! I cut off her throat and if I never wanted that, I wouldn't have done it! But I did!!!" He said as he raised his voice and stood up to slam the ice table. Causing obvious cracks on it.

His eyes flickered red as he looks eye to eye with Trevor. Both Blue, Coleen and Yvel could only watch as how Trevor will handle Yalex in his self-hatred state.
Trevor stared back at him with no fear detected. His brows furrowed as the irrate feeling began to dwell on his chest.
He feels unfair as if Yalex is using Ysabella's death as an excuse to be rightfully mad.

"That's enough! Both of you!" Coleen spoke in a more irritated tone. She had to use her magic to help release a calming atmosphere around them.

"We're going off topic. We are suppose to figure out a time window of how we can switch the twins with the clones." Blue stated and looked at Yalex.

"Ysabella's next. And you were the last person with her because she was guarding you." He added and raised a brow at the demon.

Yalex sighed as he dropped himself to sit on the floor. Everyone watched him waiting for an answer while Yalex seems to be unable to say something he wants to.

"Your mind seems rattled. You are hiding something." Trevor grinned, having able to catch the demon. Or maybe Yalex let him on purpose.

"What is it?" Yvel asked.

Yalex was quiet for a good minute. And then he looked at them face level with a rather displeased expression.

"Well. I don't remember exactly." He said in a slow and almost inaudible tone.

The sooner he said those, everyone's eyes fell wide.

"No sh*t!" Blue snapped as he fixed himself on his seat. "And you're just telling us about this now!!? After 40 years!!?"

Yalex cleared his throat as he awkwardly avoided their gaze.

"Okay! Tell us everything! The last thing you remember when you got in and out of the cave!" Coleen said in a hasty manner which a little bit scared off the demon.

"Uhm... I-I... Well uh. Ysabella and I never really got i-in the cave... When we were about to enter the cave, someone knocked us from behind. I'm pretty sure that was Gammon since I woke up already in hell. No one else could've bravely brought me there except him." He explained and Coleen suddenly stood up a little quickly as she clasped her hands together.

"That's it! You're not even sure if it's really Gammon! It could be us!" She said with excitement.

"She's right. That could be our window to switch Ysabella. But what about Kitsch! How could we save him from those rain of arrows? He was with me the entire time." Yvel cried as her voice became more shaky.

Coleen immediately ran to her side to comfort her.

"Not all the time. Yvel, don't you remember when we're looking for Ysabella?" Coleen asked calmly and Yvel looks up to her with a pout.

"It was dark everywhere. And I don't believe that Kitsch suddenly turned human just because that place was full of evilness." She added.

"And? How exactly do we switch Kitsch?" Blue asked.

"I can. Coleen's right. It's not true that just because the place is evil, he suddenly became human." Yalex explained as the same excited smile returns back to his face.

"I could be the one who have done it. I can influence weakness to others and maybe might be the one who weakened everyone in there. It's the perfect time to switch Kitsch!" He added.

"Alright! Then it's all set! If it's as Sapphire said. We won't have a choice but to finish bringing everyone back in the same day!" Trevor states firmly.

"Then we should bring our leader back on track. He's already slacking off with his wife!" Yalex chuckled as they all stood up to fetch their leader.

 I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.